Pages

Monday, October 26, 2015

Car Accident

My poor Buick. Yesterday I was heading out to Total Wine and IKEA when out of nowhere, this woman decides to make a left turn across a very busy road onto a side road. And guess who was in her way? That's right. Yours truly. After I smashed up her POS (can you tell I'm livid?), I got out of the car and yelled "What the fu*k?!!!" Her reply, "Oh I didn't see you." How the hell do you not see another car coming right at you? 

Other than a sore back, I'm fine and her and her husband, surprisingly as he was the passenger, are also ok. Here's what I'm pissed about, however. My car is now going to show up on Carfax as having been in an accident. That means when I go to trade it, the damn thing will be thousands less in trade-in value because no one wants a wrecked car. I've been purposefully keeping the miles low so that I could buy a luxury vehicle next year. 

Then my genius friend suggested I ask the insurance adjuster for a loss in value. So I looked it up. It's called a "diminished value claim," which is an extra amount given in these exact situations where the other party is at fault.  So I talk to the adjuster today and can hopefully get my vehicle into the body shop in the next couple of days. I am very impressed with how my Buick Encore held up.




Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I've heard of that, but wasn't sure of a situation to use it in. This makes perfect sense though. I'm so glad to see you blogging again! I've missed your posts! Now I need to go back and catch up on the past two months. Glad you're OK! That is quite the bummer about the accident though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meghan! It just makes me so mad cause this didn't need to happen. Totally preventable. Adjuster comes tomorrow and I got my rental tonight. Now starts the process of getting the Buick fixed. And I have 14 days to see a dr about my lower back pain. Hopefully it's just sore from the impact. Thanks for commenting!
      Niki

      Delete