Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Stalking McQueen

Am I blogging again? I don't know. There are times when I have something to say or show and then long periods when I don't. And I'm trying out this post on my new mini iPad so we'll see how this goes. Not sure if I'll have control over picture size, etc.

When Alexander McQueen introduced his skull clutches, especially the Union Jack (who doesn't love a little British accessory?), I was smitten. But the price was outrageous. I just looked up the clutch and I found an almost $1200 price tag. Not sure if that was the original retail price. Also not sure of release date. I've seen 2008 and 2011. 



Doesn't matter cause look at this little knock off gem I found in Marshall's today. 
And at a jolly 'ol price of $24.99. Too bad my iPhone 6+ doesn't fit in it. But I don't care. It's still adorable and definitely lipstick and money worthy.


Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Welcome back Niki! During down time, I'll check to see if you have posted anything. You were my "first" blog read and I bookmarked your site/blog roll way back when :) My daughter loves anything McQueen.....especially that British bag. Wonder if our local Marshall's has such a find?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment! It's been awhile, hasn't it? Not sure if I'll come back to the blogging world. Seems a bit to Kardashian lately and I can't afford the high end fashion world that so many fashion bloggers have shifted to. I just prefer to keep it real and focus on this being a hobby. So we'll see. Was 39 when I started the blog and feel a bit too old now to stand and pose in front of a camera. But when I have stuff to show or say, I'll put it out there. :-)
      Niki

      Delete
  2. MISSED YOU! Glad to hear from you again. That bag tho--what a find! And you're not too old - I loved that pic of you in the plaid pants & yellow t-shirt. You are my style inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What nice comments I'm getting! And even new followers. Like getting new fans posthumously. Except I'm not dead. Lol. I'm just lazy and chillin'. Those plaid pants were tight 2 years ago and sadly about 5-7lbs too tight now. Uh, southern cooking. Just can't put down the chicken. :-) So let me try something new with the blogging. I don't have a lot of time to devote to it anymore. But with my new iPad, I might be able to write and post a bit quicker. Photos won't have the same quality as the DSLR camera, but we'll see how it shakes out. Fall is here (well not in FL) and I always get inspired with the clothes this time of year.
      Niki

      Delete
  3. Good to see a post today. Great purse. How is the house coming along? Any new projects?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tricia. So the house. No new stuff other than a few pieces of furniture. I had wrist surgery in March and haven't done anything since. With all this rain this summer, the siding and our columns really suffered and we really need to give some love to the outside. We've just been lazy bones around here. But I'll give an update.
      Niki

      Delete