Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Girls Night Out

I think I'm starting to get the hang of taking pics indoors. The key is being next to natural light (this is my office upstairs and there's a large window to my right), holding the selfie stick a little closer (and horizontally) and just capturing snippets instead of trying to get the entire outfit in the shot, and a mixture of apps, such as Photoshop Express and some skin correctors. My favorite Photoshop "look" setting is "Spring." It softens everything in the image and adjusts the exposure and brightness all in one setting.

This is the outfit I put together for our annual girls night out with my two childhood friends and my sister. Just like last year, I picked the restaurant (last year was tapas), which was received with mixed reviews. I realize a 1920s Speakeasy isn't for everyone but since we typically only do this once a year, I want it to be special and different. Something we will remember and talk about as we enter different phases in our lives. The food was cheap (the drinks weren't) and tasty: deviled eggs, truffle oil popcorn, duck fat fries, cheese platter, and fondue. Delicious! My sister even dressed the part.





{Skirt: Ann Klein (old) | Top: J Crew | Shoes: Zara | Clutch: Marshall's | Necklace: (old - I think eBay)}










Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment