Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Camo

Man, all I see in these pictures are sleep deprivation, wacky lady cycle (hello almost 43), and too many work snacks. Been awhile since I've been in front of the camera and it was a bit uncomfortable. And all I could think about was the Thanksgiving commercial with Progressive Flo and her "fashion blogger" sister sitting around the dinner table. "Where's your wife?" "Vacation." And although it's been warm this week, I just had to break out the D&G boots. And you know what? Hubby and I play trivia on Wednesday nights with a Meetup group and one of tonight's questions was, "what does "D&G" stand for in the fashion world?" So there you go.

These are one of the pairs of Gap jeans I talked about in my post on Monday. Very comfortable for us plus sized gals. Plus sized. Right. Who came up with those words? It's fat. It just means fat. I gotta tell ya, when I was in front of the camera on a daily basis, I stayed accountable to myself and my weight. Weight will always be a struggle for me. At what point do we say, "Fuck it. I'm tired of dieting. Just let me be." vs. "Gurl, you is big. Of course you is smart, important, and kind. But gurl, you is big." Time to do something about it. After Christmas cookie baking weekend of course.

 


 


 
 
(Outfit: Gap | Boots: Dolce and Gabbana | Bag: Kate Spade}


 
Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. Same here .. after baking .. back to work outs. You look great that .. your hair is so pretty!!

    This morning I had a donut because I was feeling bad that I didn't win, not one thing at our office holiday party give away faffle .. how's that for an excuse for a donut :-P

    Monica, www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica. I fought that hair for 42 years! Now it's just wash, tip my head over in the shower, apply some goop, and go.
      I can't resist donuts. Notice I said "donutS" cause I can't stop at just one. Although they had Krispy Kreme donuts at work today and I passed them by. Too sweet for my taste.
      Niki

      Delete
  2. Niki, I see a beautiful woman with hair I would love. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a very kind thing to say, Tricia. Thank you!!
      Niki

      Delete
  3. Just found your blog! Yay for us 40+ers! Love this cool camo look and your hair and lipstick are so pretty!
    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lucy! And glad you found me!
      Niki

      Delete
    2. So Dawn... I don't know why I called you by your last name. I must be tired. Sorry!

      Delete