Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Oh Snap





This t-shirt (c/o my sister) sums it up. Two days of 35 degree weather and people bundled up like the world was about to end. But all is well and back to normal. Whew. Dodged that bullet.

And here's what I wore. My absolute favorite boots and coat. And the coat is a size 10 so that's a bonus! Nothing like putting on your skinny jeans and skinny coat and not having to hold your breath all day. I say this as I down a Ghirardelli brownie. Hey, I chased it with 2% milk!

But I'll have to put the coat and boots away for another four years until we get the next "record" cold snap.

 






{Jeans: Kenneth Cole | White shirt: The Limited | Sweatshirt: J. Crew | Boots: Dolce & Gabbana  | Coat: J. Crew}




 
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Loving the coat and the detailing on the jumper too.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember being in Florida for a cold snap, maybe 10 years ago? Maybe longer. I was running the Disney Marathon and the temp at the starting line was 31. I'm from NY so that wasn't a big deal, except that no one planned to run in 31 degree weather! I'd packed running tights and long sleeve just in case and it did warm up by the afternoon to reasonable temps, but the race starts at 5AM and it was surely not at all warm when I finished. Still, I'd take that over the next time I ran it, 6 years ago when it was 75 and 100% humidity (not raining though) at 5AM. That was an awful day.

    I'm really not sure how people live there! I'll take my 9 degrees and wind chill over oppressive heat any day!

    Glad you got to enjoy your warm clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swimming pools and air condition! You run from the car to the building and vice versa and then pray for November when the rain stops and the humidity drops. Then in March, we're usually ready for it to start all over again. I always tell people never to visit FL during August and Sept. Those are two of the most humid months of the year. Although I'm not a fan of 9 degrees and gusty winds like I had when I lived in West Haven, CT, I do miss the snow and cold. But not the darkness. And I only miss the snow and cold around the holidays. What I miss the most is being able to hop on the Metro North and go into the city anytime I want. That's been hard to adjust to not having anymore.
      Niki

      Delete