Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Target Outfit

Judging by the crickets out there on my home improvement posts, I feel like an outfit post is needed.  Yes? I guess that makes sense. Takes me days to do the home improvements but minutes to do the outfit posts. I started this blog two years ago as primarily a place to showcase my daily outfits. But a lot has changed in two years. I no longer live in a climate that has seasons (it was in the 80s today. Jealous? Don't be. It doesn't feel like Christmas with the A/C turned on). I no longer work in an office where I need to dress up. And my new year's resolution is to be completely debt free in three years. Yep. I'm tired of it. Tired of squeaking by. 

To be honest with you, clothes just don't mean as much to me as they did two years ago, even a year ago. I find it trivial and an expensive habit. I'm about to turn 42 and I want financial freedom and good health (I'm relying more and more on my bifocals as of late and my knees snap something fierce going upstairs). I want my weekends to be filled with sleep, comfort, and the occasional dinner out, etc. I want a peaceful life without having to worry about how much I've saved and what I still have to pay off. Does that make sense? Maybe it's my age, maybe it's seeing others around me getting older and having harder times finding employment. I do what I can to stay marketable. I learn new skills and try to stay abreast of technology. In fact, I'm going to an online help conference in San Diego in April. I can't wait. I love California. If it weren't so expensive to live there and my family was located there, I'd move in a heartbeat. Who wouldn't? Perfect weather and lovely scenery.

So I apologize for the lack of outfit posts. I think once the holidays are over, I'll be able to slow down on the room renovations, rest a bit more, and focus a little more on my appearance. I'm having to take pictures when I get home now. Once Daylight Savings time ended and it started getting darker earlier, traffic increased and it was taking me an hour and a half to get home. Not good. So I switched my hours and I now wake at 5:30am to be at work by 7:30. I leave at 4 and am usually home by 5. It's nice to not have to drive in the dark. Again - the whole faulty eye thing kicking in.




(Pants and Top: Target (on sale!) | Shoes: Nine West | Necklace: Talbots}




Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Still as stylish as always! I have been loving the home posts too! Variety is the spice of life after all! I just can't always comment from my phone. I've been so busy, so I'm checking them whenever and where ever I have the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meghan! I have to confess, I finally had a good hair day so pictures had to be taken. Lol!
      Niki

      Delete
  2. Hi, the problem is that the verification program you use makes it hard to post comments! I enjoy all of your posts and am impressed by your home improvements.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for telling me. I had no idea! Has it always been this way or just recently? I just use whatever verification system Blogger provides. But let me look into others to see if I can't find something a little more user friendly. I enjoy all comments and love responding to them. Comments help me gauge what you all like to see. So again, thank you for letting me know!
      Niki

      Delete