Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Prabal Gurung Dinner

I've worn this outfit twice now. Once to our lovely anniversary dinner a couple of weeks ago where we had some very yummy tapas at Ceviche's in SoHo (for all you NY'ers, it's not your South of Houston, it's South of Howard in Tampa) and once to work today. And yes, I waited way too long to wear this top. I know Prabal's line came out in Target almost a year ago. Sorry about that. And yes, I spent a lovely day this past Sunday weeding the area around the pool so that we don't look so trashy.

I love this top but don't try picking up boxes of ceramic plank tile in this shirt. I put one box in the cart and about ripped my shirt. Hardware stores and fashion no mixy. So what's this you say about ceramic plank tile? Yep. Hubby and I have big weekend plans for flooring.

We've decided to tackle the dining room floor. Other than adding a few accessories, hanging our awesome new chandelier, and carrying the bead board wallpaper into the room, it's the only thing that needs to happen in the dining room to complete it. So we are forgoing my favorite weekend of ribs at Ribfest and instead putting down new flooring. And I'll cook my fall-off-the-bone pork ribs on our grill instead.

We've gone back and forth on what kind of floors we want. As you may recall, I took one for the lung team when I pried up the nasty, urine stained carpet about a month after we moved in. God, that carpet was disgusting, along with everything in the house. Just a filthy, filthy house I tell ya. But I'm scouring and painting and it's shaping up pretty nicely.

That carpet put me down for a day as I must have breathed something toxic (aka pee pee) and couldn't get out of bed the next day. I kid you not. It was that disgusting. We debated on putting carpet back in the dining room thinking
it would be cheaper than wood or laminate. Wrong. Just as expensive. We wanted hardwood but with installation and product costs, we were looking at $700 just for the dining room alone for 168sq ft, just wasn't in our budget. Laminate? Same thing. Slightly cheaper.

Enter "wood" ceramic tile 6x24" planks. We're gonna give it a try. Hubby knows how to lay tile. Neither of us know how to lay wood. And although the planks were $2.35 each, which is similar to the cost of wood and laminate, we won't need a barrier underneath. We can go straight over the concrete floor. So we're saving on installation and additional product costs as we only need grout and Thinset. Our goal is to get the entire dining room floor down this weekend. I'm also making several trips to Lowe's to pick up the tile. Hubby drives a 2-seater so my car is the workhorse in the family. And it's needing some work. Ugh. Sounds like the tires are about to snap off when going over the shallowest bumps.

I don't want to add too much weight (we really need an SUV), so I'm loading a few boxes at a time in my car. Wish us luck in our endeavors this weekend.





{Shirt: Prabal Gurung for Target | Pants: Old Navy | Shoes: Arturo Chiang | Lippies: Nars Dragon Girl}





 

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the finished pics!

    Monica, www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a very good reason to wear it twice, it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete