Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

We've Come A Long Way

Hubby and I met back in 2005. I needed a few technical writers and he interviewed for the job. I called his recruiter right after he left to make him an offer. One of my other technical writers, who later got me a job elsewhere where hubby also worked, thanked me for hiring him as he was "good eye candy." Within two weeks of hubby starting the job I hired him for, I moved on to another company. It wasn't until two years later when I was looking for another opportunity that I once again joined a company hubby worked at. "Eye Candy" girl referred me for the job. In fact, there were six of us crammed into tiny workspaces in one room and I sat right next to hubby.

We started instant messaging one another and looking at each other's music selections on our phone. We would go to group lunches and company events. I developed quite the crush on him and the feeling was mutual. We fell hard for one another and are still crazy about each other. We laugh, hug, and say "I love you" every day. Yep, we're one of those couples you hate. The kind of couple that would rather hang out with each other than anyone else. The kind of couple that can work together all day and still want to be with each other at the end of the day. The kind of couple you roll your eyes at and want to vomit for loving each other so much. The kind of couple we use to long to be but didn't think would ever happen. We really are soul mates.

Fast forward five moves later (ultra-modern condo in Tampa, tinnnny temp apartment in Connecticut, Cape Cod house in Connecticut, tiny apartment in St. Petersburg, and now our forever Colonial in Valrico) in six years, two jobs for hubby and three for me, and more gray hair for the both of us.

Although today is our third wedding anniversary - we got married at the Holiday Inn Clearwater on the pool deck overlooking the gulf - we are going to celebrate this weekend so that we can take some time to just be with each other sans house projects. Neither one of us has been able to relax (or get more than 5-6 hours of uninterrupted sleep each night) since we put in the offer on the home. Too much to do and worry about I suppose. But hopefully we'll find something fun to do and take the time we need to celebrate.


 
 
Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What a sweet story. I wish you many more years of wedded bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those kinda stories and endings!! soo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! I'm always happy to read these type of 'love' stories <3

    Monica, www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love to hear your story! And your photos are so beautiful. What a cute couple. Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like I won the husband lottery--and you did, too! Eye Candy is RIGHT! No wonder you never get tired of being with him--who gets tired of looking at THAT??!! Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I love your comment! Thank you. That made my day.
      Niki

      Delete