Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pumpkins and Pumpkin

This past weekend my sister and da boy (aka 'Pumpkin') came over to go pick out mums and pumpkins. I gotta tell ya, I do miss fall in New England. Being able to go to farms and pick pumpkins from the patch and apples from the orchards. Not to mention the cider donuts and that nip in the air. It's a lot different in FL. You typically go to a church or corner lot for pumpkins and then a month later for Christmas trees. But there's one thing Connecticut didn't have in the fall - my family. Walking hand-in-hand with Pumpkin and seeing him carrying around his little orange friend by the stem was just precious.

Because I live about 30 minutes east of Tampa in cow pasture country, there are some places that do up their "patches" right like the one we went to this past Sunday. The mums were priced great  - 4 for $10 but the larger pumpkins were pretty expensive. So we grabbed some smaller ones, took a few pics and then went to Aldi for the $2.99 larger pumpkins. All in 85 degree weather.

House is coming along. I've decided to carry the bead board into the foyer and dining room. We made a lot of progress on the half bath. Just need to add the chair rail and some shelves and it's all done. Hope to have that complete this weekend, as well as my bathroom upstairs. Hopefully I can show you those two rooms next week in addition to my first try at chalk paint on furniture.




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment