Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

Oh Heidi

You could cover Heidi Klum in poop and she would still sparkle. I saw a commercial the other day with her in it and I thought at first it was for Old Navy. Oh no, it was for Jordache jeans. Hmm, funny. The Walmart Jordache special I'm wearing here doesn't make me look anything like Heidi. But they are comfy and my new favorites. Yeah, I know, Walmart jeans. Get over it.

When I was 13, I would have killed for a pair of Jordache jeans. I remember a particular meltdown Christmas fest cause I couldn't open my Christmas gift, which I just knew were Jordache jeans cause that's the only thing I asked for that year. I would go to middle school and switch out my yucky jeans for skinny minny redhead's jeans in the bathroom before the first bell rang.

This curvy gal has been reunited. And it feels so good. And who doesn't love a 40% off sale on jewel-covered sweatshirts? I first noticed this bedazzled specimen in August on my business trip to NYC. But like all things at J. Crew, eventually it all goes on sale. I like to wait about 6 weeks til it's 40% off. It may not be "in season" but what is that for this Floridian? Over the last few days there's been a slight dip in the temps, which means only one thing - well maybe two - you can wear long sleeve shirts without looking like a freaknut and better hair and the camera doesn't fog up. Okay that's three. I can pretty much wear jeans any day at work. However, it has to be with a company shirt, except Fridays where it's a free-for-all. Since I had sister time Friday night at Mugs N Jugs (they have great boneless wings), I thought this would be a good outfit. Probably a little overdressed, but hey - the cooler temps have arrived! I gotta fit in whatever I can before it shoots up into the 90s again.

Cheers!

 
{Sweatshirt: J. Crew | Jeans: Jordache | Shoes: Donald Pliner | Lips: MAC Current and Sweet Succulence}


Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. Loving the top and the sparkly shoes hun.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! I really liked the little jeweled tippi but my hair is too long and kept getting caught in the sparkles. Looking fab as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept hitting them on my desk and will have to hand wash.
      Niki

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WalMart jeans??!! I'm off today, so I think I'll take a little time and try on a pair--thanks for the tip! I am IN LOVE with your kitchen, btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are super comfy. The kitchen turned out better than I thought it would. Almost done with the half bath and starting one of the full baths upstairs. Look for a nook project later this week.
      Niki

      Delete
  5. I love buying clothing staples at Walmart .. and plus .. if the jeans fit - buy 'em! I'm not a 'slim through hip and thigh' kinda gal either.

    Monica, www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not pencil shaped so none of the designer jeans have ever fit me. Gotta get 'em where I can.
      Niki

      Delete