Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Homestretch

This post started out very differently earlier today. And then at 3pm, we got the best email we've ever received in this entire home buying process - "Your loan was approved a few hours ago. Congrats Guys!"

After a week of crickets and wondering will we/won't we get approved, intestinal issues, sleep deprivation, stress that I equate to when I was part of a year-long reduction in workforce from Arthur Andersen in 2005 (will I have a job tomorrow?), and just a general depression where all I wanted to do was eat (yeah bye bye WW during home buying), sleep, and stay in my PJs all day, we finally got the good news. Albeit with conditions. But the conditions aren't bad. They are doable. Current bank statements, HUD from sale of CT house, copy of photo IDs, and a couple letters of explanation, and a few other things. Oh yeah, and proof of down payment. Cause that's important.

So we're in the "home"stretch and should be able to close on time.  Will keep you all posted.

On another note, I am in love, love, love with a new blog. I just want to move in with the young couple in Young House Love who just purchased their third house in Virginia. I haven't been able to view all their posts, but I'm getting there. They have such wonderful design ideas and take on most of their house projects together. They are 30 years old, completely debt free (except mortgage), and have such an engaging writing style. Oh and they have a Chihuahua so there's that. If you are looking for DIY house ideas (not your basic "P.S. I glued this" DIY job) but legitimate house makeovers and tips, videos, and techniques, check out their blog. They're not asking me to mention them. They don't even know me. I'm just passing on a wonderful site to those that are interested.

It's gonna be nice when I don't have to worry about my camera fogging up each morning. Ugh!

 
{Dress: Loft | Jacket: Zara | Shoes: Nine West | Bag: Coach}




Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on the home loan, that is big news!

    Love the dress on you, especially the color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lissy! We're getting there! You coming for a visit when we get it all done? ;-) Stop by on the way to see your mom.
      Niki

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the house! It must be wonderful to move forward.

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It feels really good to move forward. Was getting a bit depressed for the last few weeks. Trying to satisfy all our conditions over the next couple of days.
      Niki

      Delete
  3. You look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the excellent news!

    So happy for you both.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete