Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Under $5 Blouse

Anyone else see this blouse hanging on that lone clearance Loft rack with the castoffs priced at $9.99 or less? I tried it on before when it was still a cool kid on the 'take an extra 40% off rack' and I just didn't care for it. Well, not at that price. I sized down to a medium and snatched it up for $4.88. It's not my favorite blouses but it works for casual Friday.


{Blouse: Loft | Necklace: Ann Taylor | Jeans: Old Navy Rockstar | Shoes: Alice & Olivia | Lippies: Nars Heat Wave}

Sorry for the lack of blog posts lately. I've been so tired for the last two weeks. Did anyone else make a major purchase this weekend? Did you buy a new computer? A new car? Perhaps a jet for your jet-setting lifestyle? We dropped some potential chedda this weekend. We are officially under contract for a 4-bed, 2.5 bath Colonial situated on a private golf course with a massive pool. Oh how bourgeois, Muffy. You've got your bimmer and your Father of the Bride house. Well, not exactly. The house needs some updates. For the last year or so, it's been occupodo with renters. Yes, the type of renters that put the car on blocks in the front yard of a very nice deed-restricted neighborhood. I bet the neighbors will be glad they are gone. Of course the owners of the house (now in North Carolina) bought it at the height of the housing market and had to rent it just to break even. Renters let the house go so it does need some TLC. We're hoping with the inspection this Sunday that it's not too terrible that we have to back out. So I'm trying not to get too excited over it. But I am planning paint colors already and decorations (think Bill and Jen's house on The Little Couple - that's my style).

Unfortunately we couldn't find anything that met our needs in St. Pete or in the Hyde Park/Soho section of Tampa. We don't have half a mil to drop on a house. Nor would we want that type of payment. What we were finding close to work was typically old, outdated, and small. So we headed east. It was either east in the Brandon/Valrico/Riverview area, north in the Westchase/Northdale area, or all the way up US 19 to New Port Richie. US 19 has been under construction since I was in college. Either way, we're looking at a good 45 minute commute (well for me since hubby works from home).

We hadn't planned on looking this soon but we're finding it's a seller's market right now. All the good homes are "active with contract" and the prices are going up. Unless you are an investor, you really can't get the kind of deals you once could a couple of years ago. We saw this house and knew (and confirmed with our realtor) that the type of view we are getting would cost us $800k in Tampa. We're getting it at a fraction of that amount. Negotiations were tough. It was Sunday night before we had an agreement by all parties. I wasn't able to fully enjoy my overnight trip to Orlando for my little guy's 3rd birthday.

I've pretty much abandoned my WW diet for the last two weeks. Doubletree warm cookies at check-in are fantastic! It's really hard to be completely stressed out (especially since losing that beautiful town home in Apollo Beach two weeks ago) and try to maintain normal eating habits. I feel like I've been on a psychological roller coaster. But if we can get through the next couple of weeks, we'll be doing okay. This is the part of the process I absolutely dread. Getting the inspection, scrimping and trying to justify if I can spend $7 on lunch at Panera's or deciding how long I have to wait to dye my dark roots, providing bank statements, W2s, tax returns, 401K, and all that other stuff to the lender, and trying to take the Good Faith Estimate with a grain of salt as I know the figures will constantly change between now and August 7th.

I think house buying and divorce (and I'm sure death) are all factors that make you want to pour a stiff one and wish it would all just handle itself.

So if my posts are not as frequent over the next two months, you now know why. But I am looking forward to painting, decorating, and eventually doing some remodeling in our new place. And let's not forget the awesome parties we are going to have on our back patio. I will share pictures after we get through the inspection. It's not ours yet so no need to get too amped up about it.


Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!(???) House buying is one of the most stressful things anyone can ever do since so much of it is out of your hands. Hope it all goes well for you. Decorating a new place can make up for some of the angst of purchasing, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries ! Congrats on the house! And I love that blues with your dark blue jeans and floral shoes :-)

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with everything! And I like those jeans on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to be really interesting project for you! Enjoy the journey! Love you to check out my blog xx

    ReplyDelete