Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

Navy Stripes

Oh you can see just how tired I am in these pics (well the ones that show my face). I slept most of the day on Sunday as I'm just exhausted. Why so tired, Niki? Hubby and I have had a very frustrating experience house hunting. We didn't expect to house hunt this soon after selling our house but we found an incredible townhouse overlooking water with rooftop terrace, almost 3,000 sq feet and a private elevator. It was perfect but the builder is being retarded and we'll probably have to let it go as it's at the top of our budget and we may not be able to scrape enough together for closing costs this soon after selling the CT house.

And the housing market in FL? Just like it was when we were trying to buy in CT. If you don't make an offer right away, the house is gone by the next weekend. I kid you not. It's a seller's market down here. My husband sent a realtor 25 houses he wanted to look at on his week off last week and only 6 were available and not under contract. "Active with contract" seems to be our bad luck. I know we'll find the one but I'm pretty devastated over losing this one. We're making one last attempt with our lender today to see if it's doable but realistically I think it's just too much of a stretch.

So pardon my exhaustion and low feelings for the next week or so. It will pass.


 
(Blouse, Shoes, and Necklace: J. Crew | Pants: Gap}

Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. If you don't get that house, its not the house for you. As wonderful as a place might be, if it's a stretch financially it will just create more stress. One of the best things that happened in our house hunting was a seller who refused to budge on his price. We were smitten and did our budget over and over again, convinced we could make it work. In the end, he didn't come down enough to make a house that needed massive repairs (not to mention a half mile driveway we were going to have to plow and no garage!) work for us. The realtor talked us off the ledge--he could see we were in love with the place but gave us some cold hard numbers on the repairs and basically screwed his own client so that we wouldn't end up strapped for years.

    There is another place, and you'll find it when your financial ducks are in a row!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim. Sometimes our head and heart aren't in the same place.
      Niki

      Delete
  2. i feel your pain-though my tiredness is from other things-but it does manage to show through at this age more than in my younger days. i reach for a brighter lip for these days-as you do, too :-) one note: perhaps there is a better word for how the builder is acting. curmudgeon-y? surly? the hairs on the back of my neck go up when i hear people use the word 'retarded' or 'gay' to describe behavior in a less than positive way. just my two cents. hang in there. and good luck house hunting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The builder is being a dick. I have no filter today.
      Niki

      Delete
  3. I am sorry about your house frustration- it is so draining. I agree with Keri- have to say that the use of the word " retarded" to describe someone's behavior is like nails on a chalkboard- blurs the rest of the post for me. I hope things improve and you are able to find a house you absolutely love.- Kristen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't mean to offend anyone. I understand that word is troubling for some but I also feel we have become a country where a lot of words i grew up saying where people thought nothing of it are now taken to mean something else. Again, don't mean to piss anyone off but I will from time to time say things and use words that aren't politically correct or that society deems inappropriate. I'll try to keep this in mind in my future posts.
      Niki

      Delete
    2. i hear you, Niki...really, i do :-) i have a friend who has a child with down's syndrome, so now i am uber aware of that word. please don't take offense, i love your blog and your style.

      Delete
  4. I love navy stripes in both men and women, This one looks pretty good on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I saw your "AML" initials and immediately thought of the anti-money laundering policy I'm working on at work. Oh I need some sleep. Lol!
      Niki

      Delete