Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

More Eyelet

I've been waiting to show you this outfit for awhile now. Why the hold up? Uh, no time to iron. Okay, that and too lazy to iron. I hate ironing. I'd rather do it all while watching True Blood and get it out of the way than to do like hubby does and iron the outfit I'm going to wear that day. Plus I think ironing is kind of a waste. Cause what happens when you get in the car? Wrinkles.  However I do like the look of freshly ironed clothes, which is why I see out the $2 dry cleaners. One blogger I follow takes indoor pictures and she always looks unkempt. Her clothes are nice but look like she picked them out of heaping pile in her closet. I think if you're gonna be a fashion blogger, you should at least take the time to make your clothes presentable.

I did have to add a tank top to this very thin shirt. Doesn't it remind you of Louis Vuitton's spring 2011 line? The big eyelet collar. Even if I could afford to drop some chedda on some LV clothing, I wouldn't be able to fit into it. So for $20, this Forever 21 blouse does the trick. When I bought my lobster pants from Old Navy, I also picked these up. How cute are the anchors? I tried this combo with a few different shoes and finally said, "I'm wearing my Chucks." This is a summer outfit that deserves cute sneaks. I did decide at the last minute to unfold the bottom of the pants. And I swallow my words - wrinkles!


 
{Blouse: Forever 21 | Pants: Old Navy | Shoes: Converse Shoreline | Lippies: Nars Yu}
 
 




Pin It!

13 comments:

  1. you couldn't possibly mean the blogger whose name rhymes with k's smeveryblay? Good lord, someone get her an iron!!

    I'm going to look for those pants at Old Navy right now too.

    Love the new house, you're right, very not Florida!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rolf!!! No that wasnt the blogger i was referring to but like your name substitution. The one i was referring to lives in CA and I believe her daughter takes her pics. She mostly wears Gap clothes.
      Thanks, we love the house too but are trying not to get to attached because we still have to get through the appraisal and underwriting. So anything can happen in the next month.
      Niki

      Delete
    2. Well, I'm stumped. But wrinkley Gap stuff? I suppose I'm not missing anything, I've got piles of wrinkley Gap stuff in my house!

      Delete
  2. I love this look! Colorful and casual.

    I usually iron on a Sunday (hate it).

    Monica, www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's youthful but also fun. Great outfit for summer I think.

      Delete
  3. Very cute Niki! Pretty and fresh-looking. Love the colors.:)

    -Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, after all these pictures I am getting a pari of chucks myself. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fantastic. Order 1/2 to 1 full size down. Mine are 7s and I wear 8s in Keds so they run large (except for the denim pair I have. They are tts). Even my sister, who never spends $50 on shoes went to Nordstrom and bought the same pink pair. I'm telling you they are the cutest!
      Niki

      Delete
  5. Cute, fresh outfit.

    " you should at least take the time to make your clothes presentable"....amen, sister! You've touched on a pet peeve of mine. People! Iron your clothes! Whether you are "the look for less" shopper, a JCrew groupie, or whipping out your black card and making your personal shopper's day, if you don't bother to iron your clothes you are going to look like an unmade bed.

    Julie
    ....I'm putting my soap box away, and getting out my iron. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! And since I'm in a stressed out mood today can i rant as well? I follow PS I Made This and think she should chance the name to PS I Glued This Shit Together" ok now I'm done.
      Niki

      Delete