Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Barbie

Oh my f'ing hell! Hubby and I just got done completing a 55-page mortgage application with our lender to get everything going and on to underwriting. I cannot stress enough how much I hate this part of the process. And my husband hates it even more. If we didn't like this house so much (our forever FL home) in a seller's market where good homes in the $200-400K range are being snapped up the day they hit the market, we might think otherwise about going through this process so quickly again.

I now carry two legal folders jammed packed with financial info, contracts, etc. with me to work every day since I never know which piece of info will be needed. And every day it's something new. It doesn't help that our W2s are tucked away in some box inside a 9x20 storage unit. Thank goodness I have a good standing relationship with former employers to obtain what I need.

And I'm sorry I'm bitching about this but it has consumed us for the last few weeks and will continue to until the end of July. So you may not want to read my posts until, say, August?

Now on to the outfit. We had some executives in the office today so I thought I would dress up a little. I call this the Barbie outfit and when I wear this dress again, it will be over jeans as it's a little too short for my taste when I'm sitting.

It's also getting harder to keep my camera from fogging up in the mornings. There's such an extreme difference between the temp inside our apartment and the humidity (hence the bobby-pinned hair) of the outside temp. So bare with the pics for another couple of months. I've got great lighting inside the new house for days when it's too humid to go outside and snap pics. And wait til you see the view. Can't wait to show you guys. But we need to get through the inspection this Sunday and the appraisal.

Oh and let's talk about some hair stuff. I've taken my mommy's advice and am flipping out the ends a bit with my flat iron. But one of the things I've incorporated since the damage from the last bleaching is Extra Virgin Coconut Oil that I bought in the vitamin section of Walmart (GNC has it as well). I use a handful each time I condition my hair. I combine it with my conditioner. Not sure if the claims are true about helping your hair grow or stopping breakage, but it does make my hair incredibly soft. I can tell the difference when I don't use it. On the weekends I like to use my purple shampoo to neutralize the yellow brassy tones and then deep condition with some leave in condition and my coconut oil. I leave the conditioner (Phyto + Kerastase) in overnight.

 
{Dress: H&M | Necklace: Kate Spade | Shoes: Alice and Olivia | Lippies: Nars Schiap}
 
 


Pin It!

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful colour dress, it suits you perfectly. I do hope all goes well with the house buying. Its so stressful I know.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous you look. That dress is fabulous and I love the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This color is too pretty!! Im looving this dress!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I paid about $10 for it! I thought it was a little dumpy looking but glad everyone likes it.
      Niki

      Delete
  4. Cute dress! I like the bright color.

    Ah, the mortgage doc signing. We went through this last year and then noticed that they spelled my name wrong - so we had to go through the doc again and correct my name and then I had to initial the correction. So yes, I feel your pain .. lol.

    Will look forward to your pics of your new house :-)

    Monica, www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've gone through that was well. My first name is "Nichole" so I often get "Nicole." It's misspelled often at work and almost always on legal docs. I have to correct a lot of documents.
      Niki

      Delete
  5. oooh-i am mad for that necklace. and that dress :-) love the look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That necklace was a definite splurge, even on sale. But I couldn't pass it up and glad I didn't.
      Niki

      Delete
  6. Looking "Pretty in Pink"...yeah, I'm a dork.

    Buying a car, purchasing real estate, or having someone poke me in the eye with a sharp stick....it's pretty much a toss up on what which one I'd rather experience. Okay, I'll go with the sharp stick.

    Hang in there....it'll get better....or will it? Bwaaahaha Sorry. Long day.

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh one of my favorite movies. I was 14 when it came out and was dating a "richie." I use the term "dating" losely as note-passing and hand holding and making out by the school a/c units is about all I did at that age. I didn't live by the tracks but did live in Pinellas Park where lots of yell'r trailers abound. RIP John Hughes
      I had to take a break from all the mortgage stuff tonight. I'm just exhausted. Met with our lender today, made a new list of stuff that's needed. Sent tax returns tonight. Now it's time to watch a little mindless TV and pin house stuff on pinterest. I think two blogs posts are about all I can do each week with all the other stuff going on. Look for some camo next week.
      Niki

      Delete
  7. I soooo loved that movie! I will admit to still crushing on Andrew McCarthy. Heck, I dated Bozo incarnate because he looked like him!!! Okay, he wasn't an actual clown. THAT might have been better! Bad flash back....find a happy place, find a happy place. lol

    Real Estate....bleh. I feel for you! The people we deal with are great....but....I do have a Gary Larson/Farside type image in my mind of people having to jump through flaming hoops whenever we have to deal with them. ; ]

    Coming up with blog posts....heck! After a day spent wrangling bees (yeah, I've had a few of those the past couple of months!) just READING blogs is all I'm up for doing! I can't imagine having the energy or brain cells left at the end of the day to COMPOSE a blog. Kudos to you, my friend, kudos.

    Well, I'm off for another fun day with the bees...aka...my employees!

    Enjoy your weekend!!
    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just scrolled through & caught up on some of your outfits/house! Weeeeee!! ;) What a great place! I am a house-person - endlessly working on something around our little bungalow, & always interested in hearing about what others are doing/planning for in their homes. So glad you're including it all in your blog going forward. Love the Barbie garb, too!! ;) Necklace = outfit amper.;) It's a cool one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Glad everyone is so receptive to me including "house fashion" on my blog. We are in the underwriting phase right now and there are conditions so we'll work through them. So hopefully in August I can start showing the house transformation.
      Niki

      Delete