Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

White Eyelet

I was waiting to wear this dress once I got a little bit of sun on my arms. Cause sun makes a fat arm look thinner, right?  I also had this dress lined up for something that I haven't told you all about because I'm not sure if I'll be featured. About a month or so ago, I got an email from Redbook asking me to provide them with pictures of either a white dress or patterned shorts for either the July or August issue. Seems like they are featuring a lot of fashion bloggers lately, which is great! They ended up asking for patterned shorts. So husband and I went to Sunken Gardens in April (on a humid day - blech), where we took several shots of me in different shorts. Hopefully they will use them. If not, it was flattering just being contacted. And if I'm not featured, then I'll post a shorts theme week with the pictures from the shoot.

I also ended up buying this dress in green cause it's just so cute and reminds me of the wide eyelet pattern a year or so ago from Louis Vuitton.

 
{Dress: INC | Necklace: Banana Republic | Shoes: Pour la Victoire | Lippies: Nars Luxembourg}


Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. I really like the dress, especially the larger eyelet. It looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lissy. Wait til you see the double peplum I'm wearing today. My new blog favorite! :-)
      Niki

      Delete
  2. I love you in white...this whole look is beautiful!

    On a side note...I submitted for the printed shorts feature too! I wondered who else they had asked. My pics didn't come out so great, so I am sure I won't be featured but it will become a funny post in the near future!

    Xo,
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh isn't that funny? Here I thought I'd been singled out for my first magazine spread. Lol. Oh well. Shorts aren't very flattering on me so i probably didnt make the cut either. White - yes, white works. That's why I've been trying so hard to get my hair to platinum because white goes well with my pink skin tone. If you have an olive skin tone, off white works best.
      Niki

      Delete
    2. Redbook contacted me too but I couldn't pull together printed shorts in the timeframe they wanted so I didn't submit anything.

      Delete
    3. Dabnabit! I'm feeling less and less special now. I might as well just post those pics on my blog then. Guess it's time for shorts theme week.
      Niki

      Delete
  3. Congrats to both of you for being on Redbook's radar, whether the pics are published or not!
    (and cute look, Niki.)

    ReplyDelete