Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pumped Up Kicks

All the other kids with the pumped up kicks, better run, better run, outrun my 41-year old ass.

Oh wait. That's not how the song goes. But I love, love, love my new Chucks. I've never, ever had the desire to own Converse All Star Chucks before. I always thought they were a poor-boy Duckie-Pretty-in-Pink shoe with a very long, "duck" bill. They never appealed to me. Until now. How cute are these Shoreline sneaks? They have less shoelace holes, which already gives them a shorter appearance, and an elastic back. They also seem narrower than other Chucks. And after walking around briskly at lunch today, they did give me a little blister on my pinkie toe. So if you have wider feet, these may not be for you. I also had to size down to a 7. I'm normally a 7.5 in sandals and open-toed shoes and an 8 in close-toed shoes and boots.

So not only did I get these in pink, I also got them in dark denim. I tried on the pink ones at Nordstrom and ordered the dark denim ones online. The dark denim seem a bit smaller than the pink ones. So we'll have to see how those work out as the pink ones give me just a little wiggle room.

So I need to ask you all a question. Are you interested in knowing anything about my second Weight Watchers journey? I already lost most of my weight before I started blogging. This is my second go around after being off the program for two years. Would you like to know what I'm eating? What my typical meal plan looks like? Type of exercise? Daily points that I use? Weigh-ins? If not, I'll keep this to myself.

 
{Shoes: Converse All Star. Pink and Dark Denim. | Pants: Old Navy | Button-down: Ann Taylor | Lippies: Nars Luxembourg}



Pin It!

18 comments:

  1. Love the Chucks...although, when I do wear sneaks I go with Superga.

    I'll cheer you on during your weight loss, round two event. I was carrying some extra weight after having my boys (think the weight of a small child kind of weight), and finally got rid of it all two years ago. I'm now dealing with the "you don't celebrate weight loss, by having cake" phase....yup, you know the phase that lasts the rest of your life?

    Cheers to you!
    Julie

    P.S. Happy Birthday to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well those are adorable too. How's the fit? The mint green are calling my name. Mom's bday celebration is this weekend. Guess who got cake duty?
      Niki

      Delete
  2. cute shoes! Yes, I would be interested in hearing about your WW experience. You might inspire me to stick with the program. We had WW at work and my participation was not great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I have to try and inspire myself. After 4 days I've lost... Wait for it .2lbs. Not good. But hubby says stick with it.
      Niki

      Delete
  3. Stick with it and I think it's a great idea to include it in your posts! Motivation for others and holds you accountable. If people don't want to read about it then they can just read the fashion portion and move on :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sweetie! I've missed you. How have you been? How are things in Dungonland? ;-) text me when you get time and catch me up.
      Niki

      Delete
  4. Yes, Yes and yes...I would be interested in your WW experience as well. I followed the program years ago and lost 38 lbs. Somehow they have found me and maybe this would motivate me. We did it before and we can do it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Okay I'll come up with a format for my posts.
      Niki

      Delete
  5. Oh, sure .. post meals, foods etc. I'm always looking for different menu ideas :-)

    Cute chucks! They do make low cut socks for chucks .. I got a pair at DSW for my Coach sneakers that are similar to chucks.

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't do WW so points aren't such a concern for me, but I'm always interested in hearing about things that worked for others, especially since you eat out regularly and that is absolutely where I fall down. I like your outfits but I also enjoy your writing so you can write about driving to Arkansas and I'd stick with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Well I have been to Arkansas - Hot Springs. Had a massage and took a dip in the indoor spring-fed pool. Had lunch , walked around, and that's about all i remember of AR. Big post tomorrow on WW. Then little posts throughout.
      Glad you like my writing style. :-)
      Niki

      Delete
  7. OK! Bring it on! I'm inspired to head back to WW after I survive the last two weeks of middle school may mayhem...wine will be needed.

    Carolyn in Cincinnati

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think about that wine carefully. It will cost you 4pts for 5oz. It's something I had to plan for. Just like girls night with my sister at Macaroni Grill. Gotta plan for fatty meals.
      Niki

      Delete
  8. I'm "supposed" to be doing WW right now and just keep wandering away from it so I would love to know what you are eating, etc. I'm always looking for inspiration and good ideas on what to eat, mostly I'd rather not think about food at all. But please, share your journey. I'm enjoying watching you put your outfits together, and your general take on life, so more is, well, more. Regards, Gerrilyn in California

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gerrilyn! Just got done writing tomorrow's big post on WW. I list a lot of foods and some dining options and a recipe.
      Niki

      Delete
  9. Count me as a yes for your ww posts. I can use all the motivation/inspiration I can get

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nikki - As you live in a high humidity state - do your feet sweat in the chucks?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not yet. Humidity is just starting to creep in and when I wore these last week i wore them to work where I usually have to put on a jacket cause of the a/c. However I did feel a little rubbing and swelling during my lunch hour while running errands. I'm the FL girl that typically runs from car to a/c as i have hair that frizzes. But I am thinking of getting some little socks just to be on the safe side and not stink them up. :-)
    Niki

    ReplyDelete