Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

I'm Baccckkk!

So no outfit post today, just ramblings. New outfit posts tomorrow. I have a few new things to show you. I have a new interest in Converse Chucks, neon, eyelet, and more peplum. Gonna be some fun upcoming fashion days.

I've also had to acknowledge that I've gained some weight since moving back to FL. I can see it in the pictures as I'm sure you can too. As much as I didn't really want to do anything about it, I know it's for my own good. So back on Weight Watchers I went last week. One thing that's new is the Points Plus allotment. They've lowered the level from 29 points to 26 points each day (you still get the extra 49 points/week to use however you want. I usually borrow a few points each day). I was finding after two days that 26 points was leaving me very hungry. So I logged onto my laptop rather than the iPhone app and discovered that you now have the ability to set your daily points within your settings. Anywhere from 26-29 points. With 29 points, I was losing an average of two pounds each week and had hit a 20lb weight loss in three months last time. And after rigorous mathematical calculations (yeah, I went on a website and did some simple math), 29 points equates to 1380 calories, which is about as low as I'm willing to go without chewing random people's arms off.

Here's the thing with needing the extra points. I take full advantage of some of the free veggie points (broccoli, cauliflower, etc.), but I detest fruit. Yes, your response is normal and the typical response I get, "YOU DON'T LIKE FRUIT? ARE YOU CRAZY?" Uh, no. Not crazy. My taste buds are just whacked. I don't taste sweet with fruit, I taste bitter. It's also a texture issue. Bananas make me want to gag. Grapes only taste good when fermented and bottled. Strawberries are furry, have seeds, and only taste good when blended with lots of rum. So while a lot of people can be below or just meet their daily point allotment, because they mix in a few pieces of fruit for snacking, I have to find alternatives - like sugar free jello.

It's also kind of ironic that two years ago, I started WW at roughly the exact same time. Although I don't plan to lose 30lbs this go around, I would be happy with about 12-15lbs. Seven pounds would bring me back to the weight I was when I moved back to FL, 15lbs would probably get me into some beautiful J. Crew pants that have been hanging in my closet as a reminder that I can eventually get there.

My trip to Connecticut went well. The first two days were sunny and warm and then the typical days upon days of chilly rain set in making me long for sunny and warm FL. We did manage dinner in New Haven one night as there's not much to eat in the Meriden area. And while it was tempting to do a drive-by to the old house (less than 10 mins from New Haven), I just couldn't justify it to my co-workers. Plus it's not our house and CT is not my home anymore. I have to say it was nice to see the tulips, cherry blossoms, and other spring flowers that I can't grow here. I got some good content (although not enough) sitting with the Default department and made some good connections to enable me to do my job a little easier. I have a lot of work ahead of me, though. So off I go.

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Because food is my thing, I'm wondering if it would work for you to blend frozen strawberries with rum flavoring from the grocery store and make yourself a smoothie?

    I do get it. I like some fruits -- mainly apples with cheese, grapes, and oranges -- but they're not my go-to snack. I only really enjoy eating them when I'm trying really really hard to lose weight. I'm just thinking of a work-around for getting the nutrition in there palatably.

    Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy. On occasion I'll have apple slices with sugar free Carmel sauce. Apples are the one fruit i can tolerate sometimes.
      Niki

      Delete
  2. Oh, I hear ya on the diet train. I was doing WW, but got bored with the tracking so decided to try The Fast Metabolism Diet. I started today and so far, so good, but one of the restrictions is .. no coffee (dear gawd, I'm gonna die ;-).

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's why I don't do kind of restrictive diets. WW let's me eat what I want. I just have to limit my portions. Can't do diets where I am prohibited to eat or drink what I want.
      Niki

      Delete