Pages

Friday, May 24, 2013

Here's a good one I heard today. Went a little something like this: "I grew up in a trailer park but it's not there today. Well it is, but now it's all nice manufactured homes in a gated community." As a girl who grew up in Pinellas Park, FL (the trailer capital of the Tampa Bay area), but has no personal experience with trailer parks per se other than the 55+ community my grandparents lived in, can someone educate me on this statement? Aren't they the same thing? Glorified trailers? Or are they the modular homes that you see strapped to big semi trucks driving down the highway? "There's goes the the back half of our house, Rose."

Okay, a little off topic. Let's get back on track. I am loving this double peplum outfit. It's in my top 5 outfits (although I don't know what the other 4 are right now, but it sounds pretty impressive). Awhile back, I saw Atlantic-Pacific do a double peplum but didn't think I could pull it off. Turns out I just needed the right kind of peplum (a top that has a longer flounce and a pencil skirt where the peplum covers up the problem areas and looks slimming).


And how ideal is the color scheme? Yellow and purple are exact opposites on the color wheel, which means they are complimentary colors (think about how pretty an Iris flower is). And boy did I get some compliments on this one today from my co-workers. The shoes? Well they still hurt so I made sure I stayed at my desk during my lunch hour instead of running errands. Explored some Sea World options for my nephew's birthday. Yeah, even Floridians like to visit theme parks every few years (unless you are a die-hard Disney fan with a closet full of Mikey Mouse clothing). In Tampa we have Busch Gardens. It's fun to go during gator mating season when the males make an ungodly loud noise thinking that's the way to go. I go for the ice cream. It's incredible. Soft serve vanilla in a large waffle cone drizzled with hot chocolate. I'm not a huge ice cream fan but that is my absolute favorite combination. I'm a simple-eating ice cream girl. About the only time I won't visit a FL theme park is during the months of August and September. Unless you want to walk around in misery, go ahead and book a FL trip during those two months.


{Faux leather peplum top: Inc | Peplum Skirt: Target | Necklace and Shoes: J. Crew | Lippies: MAC Rebel}


Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. I love a peplum (and in or out, always have). So why not 2?! I especially love the yellow top. Your eyelet dress was INC too, wasn't it? I might have to check out the line, it seems like they have some really cute stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lissy. Yep Inc from Macy's. the eyelet dress runs small. I had to size up. I think they had the peplum in off white as well. Recent purchase within the last month. Green eyelet dress - 2 weeks ago.
    Niki

    ReplyDelete
  3. A modular is a house manufactured in a factory setting but with the same standards as a stick built house. It is transported in parts (or in whole, if its small) and can be multiple stories with interesting architecture. It must be placed on a basement or pad. Basically is a stick built house constructed indoors and transported in parts.

    A manufactured house is what we used to call trailers. They are built on a steel frame base and brought in half or whole, always one story, and don't follow same building codes.

    I owned a modular house. Never have I seen walls so plumb or windows so tightly fit! They build them indoors without weather to affect them so they are supposed to be internally in better shape with less moisture etc.

    Anyway--manufactured equals trailer, or now, double-wide trailer. Modular is just like a regular house only built offsite.

    Love the peplums!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim. Ok so now I am more educated and know the difference between the two and the lingo. :-)
      Niki

      Delete
  4. Love this outfit on you. The color and proportions really work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! I love it too. It's a great combo. Why can't all my clothes look this great? Lol
      Niki

      Delete
  5. Love the whole look! Shoes, accessories, and the GORGEOUS color combination. The bright yellow really flatters you.
    Carolyn from Cincinnati

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Too bad my hair has to go bye bye. I don't want to give up the platinum. Makes me sad. Yellow just won't look the same on me. :-(
      Niki

      Delete
  6. You look great! I ordered those shoes and returned them - they were painful. I don't understand why jcrew can't improve their shoe line.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let's rise up and throw all those cute, painful shoes at Jenna Lyons.
    Niki

    ReplyDelete