Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

Some good things are on the horizon in the near future. Once all the kinks are worked out, I'll explain more. Hope everyone had a nice weekend. We had a nice Easter. It's all about the food for me (what holiday isn't?) rather than sacrificing baby lambs at the St. Pete Morning Market. Okay, there were baby lambs or probably goats (I can't tell the difference, I'm a city girl) but they were caged and cute. I cooked ham, green bean casserole, veggie casserole, and mashed taters. I'm southern. Casserole is king. Don't forget the Sister Shubert's rolls!

We're also having warmer weather and I'm taking advantage of it as I sit by candle light on the back patio overlooking our pond and the lovely pool area. I also got to ride Pretty this weekend (that's what I call my beautiful bike).

Onto today's uniform. I bought this lightweight jacket at Zara during my trip to FL last summer when I was interviewing and coming down here for my nephew's second birthday. I reorganized my closet this weekend and wondered why I never put this outfit together before. Oh, yeah, probably cause I couldn't see any of my crap. I'm now officially Type A as everything is categorized by clothing type and color. That's how I roll, chickies!
 
G*d d*mn! Those little mosquitos are eating me alive. So much for being one with nature.


{Skirt: J. Crew (can't wait to wear the dress!) | Blazer and Tank: Zara | Shoes: Nine West | Lipstick: Nars Schiap | Nail Polish: Essie Blanc}




Pin It!

13 comments:

  1. Back patio, candlelight... dreaming... we have snow but at least we don't have mosquitos! But that is the only positive side of our current weather I can think of...!

    Gorgeous outfit, I love the white and blue combination!

    Annette
    Lady of Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh. Snow. It's 77 degrees here today. Lovely and warm.

      Delete
  2. Very pretty colors on you! Love the pink lippies & pink shoes! Your hair is looking very pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hair is growing. Getting a little too much trying to style it every morning. Some days I just want a little more sleep and to pull it up into a ponytail. It'll get there. It's been 5 weeks since the cut and it's really growing.

      Delete
  3. Cute, cute, cute. These colors look fabulous on you, the pops of pink the perfect finishing touch.

    Warmer weather, candle light, pond, pool.....and gnats! lol Kind of like nature's little gift with purchase?

    Cheers~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. I really like this outfit too. And the pinterest dryer sheet thing does not work against mosquitos. But you prob don't have bugs as they are all waterlogged. Oh I have to ask you about weather in July. My sister is going to Seattle for a wedding in late July. I've been in Aug and it didn't rain. But I've also been at other times and it pissed on me for days. Annoying rain. What should she pack? What type if dress would be good for an outdoor winery wedding out there yonder?

      Niki

      Delete
    2. Well, your sister is in luck....the end of July and first couple of weeks of August are what I refer to as our summer.....in a good year. Sorry, but that's as close as I'll come to calling it a sure thing. A spring/summery dress would probably be just fine....but she needs to bring some kind of cover (sweater, light jacket etc) because as soon as the sun goes down, so does the temperature. We are usually in the upper 70's to mid 80's around that time of year....sometimes, it gets up to around 90...and nice and humid to boot (you know that your hair is mine kind of vibe from good old Mama Nature?). (I think I even saw a gnat here once, he was wearing a sweater, but hey lol)

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Julie. I passed your email on to my sister. I must have been there during your summer "weeks." You sure that gnat wasn't in flannel? ;-) I actually really like visiting Seattle (the puddle jumper to Spokane? not so much). I'm quite fond of the Bellevue area. Close to the city but surburban enough for me.

      Delete
  4. I like how you added the pink shoes. I would add white or black shoes .. how boring! Pink is so much better, cuter, brighter.

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my little trick, Monica. If an outfit is only two colors, I throw in the pop of a different color in accessories, shoes, or lipstick (well, always lipstick. that's a given). :-)
      Niki

      Delete
  5. What a cute take on that blue willow look. Nicely done.
    And your platinum hair has really grown on me, too. Looks great with the blue top. Very pretty!
    (Written on my 41st birthday when I'm feeling blah, thanks for brightening my day!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy bday, Cindy! Don't feel blah. 40s aren't so bad. :-)
      Niki

      Delete