Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Remixing Not Good

Ugh. So not digging this combo. It looked much better on the hanger. These pants were giving me major crotch circulation issues today. Some days these pants fit just fine - others, not so much. Can't possibly be attributable to the Red Lobster Cheddar Bay biscuit mix sold exclusively at Sam's Club. Nahhhh.

And I'm retiring this shirt. Who wants it? Here's my hard sell: luxurious faux leather front, sheer panel back, shirt bunches up in the front under blazers/jackets and could easily be mistaken for a teenager's midriff. Mmmmm now that's one hell of a shirt!

Sad retail news. Saks Fifth Avenue is closing at Tampa's Westshore Mall in less than two weeks. The closest one is in Sarasota, about a 50-60 mile ride away. And what's going to replace Saks? Wait for it... Dick's Sporting Goods. Yeah, my excitement cup runneth over on that one. However, there is a new mall coming next year in Sarasota that I will be happily making the trip to. Who's coming with? Mark your calendars for a lovely trip down to FL in October 2014.



 
 
{Shirt: Bluefly | Pants: Target | Jacket: J. Crew | Necklace: Forever 21 | Shoes: Zara | Lippies: Nars Dragon Girl}
 
 
 
 
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. You know, I don't know if it's the lighting or what, but the pants don't look so bad from here. And I really like them with the shoes, and also with the jacket which is surprising from me because I usually don't go for military (scarred by J, I think...) So I'm wondering, if you just swapped the top out with a good quality white T, would you like it better? Because the jacket is giving you a very nice waist and if the top weren't bunching it would be a very cute look.

    Because my opinion is so crucial here, right? :)

    Does your new job have as strict a dress code as the old bad one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Scarred by J" ROFL!! I'm skinny jeans scarred! Hmm, okay maybe I'll try it again with a white T. I just need a white T now. :-) dress code at new job - yep meant to post about that. Okay so there's about 20 people in my office. Jeans can be worn but only with company logo shirt. They supply the first one and then you can buy more at 1/2 off. Well that's what people do. They buy 5 so they can wear jeans every day. So today my coworker came by and asked "you do know about the dress code, right?" I said, "I have a lot of nice business clothes so I'll stick to jeans just on Fridays." Cause there's no way I'm going back to schlubing it up every day in unflattering polos and jeans. Yuck!
      Niki

      Delete
  2. Yup, Saks pulled out of San Diego as well. Luckily, a 2 story Forever 21 took over the space and at least we have a Bloomingdale's ;-)

    We got a Dick's sporting good store as well - I don't care for it. I like REI (rei.com) much better.

    I think you look pretty good. I like the jacket, but perhaps the jacket would go better with jeans?

    Monica, www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica. Unfortunately the jeans will have to remain a weekend staple. They are a no-no at the new job (unless worn with a company shirt). But I might be able to get away with colored jeans ;-)
      Niki

      Delete
  3. I just started following you and I think you are sooo fly at 40!!! I hope I able to still have a since of style and fashion at 40... Im almost there too..(37)
    In my opinion you paired this outfit very nicely and I think you look fab!! Please follow and subscribe.. I have posted little but that is soooon to change ASAP!!

    xoxo.. Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Tiffany! Thanks so much for your nice comments.
      Niki

      Delete