Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Remix 2

"Niki doesn't count anymore." Yep, that's what IT said in front of everyone when upgrading a program on my coworkers' machines and not mine. Husband says I'm being too sensitive and am the lucky one to be leaving my current company. I know he's right, but a comment like that is...well, I guess expected from this place.

And is it legal to tell one co-worker not to talk to another former co-worker (on their own time) that was abruptly fired last week? I'm thinking 'No,' but maybe I'm wrong. One more (long) week, Niki. One more week. Then all these new, weekly made-up rules will be a faint, ugly memory. I won't have to feel stifled, annoyed, frustrated, and irritated anymore.

And while we are in the poor house for the month of April, Subway has come to our rescue! All month long - B1G1 free. I've gone twice now and loaded up on sandwiches (breakfast and lunch). Two breakfast sammies and four 6" subs = $10. I wouldn't even be able to make lunches and breakfasts for both of us for $10 (unless it's peanut butter sammies). I wasn't a fan of Subway and am still pretty picky with what I order from there, however, Subway was founded in Connecticut and there was one of every corner. Grocery stores (except Big Y, which was not near our house) didn't make sub sammies like they do down here at Publix. So a lack of choice and the introduction of $5 footlongs was the initial appeal. Not to mention the subs are typically calorie friendly, a big deal on Weight Watchers. The appeal now is cheap sandwiches during a month when we are holding on to as much cash as we can. It ain't pretty but it's what we have to do for the next three weeks. Inspection is done, appraisal happens tomorrow.

As I was looking through Pinterest last night, I came across an outfit where the girl had on black pants, gray shirt, black blazer, and a mint green necklace. Unfortunately, my black pants are at the cleaners, so I opted for a skirt. And since my Alice and Olivia doesn't get enough love, I broke it out of closet jail. The belt happened to come with a pair of plaid pants I bought a couple months ago from Tarjay. So day two of remixing and this is what I came up with. I'll keep up with this theme through the end of the month. Maybe I wore something at one time that caught your eye and you'd like to see it remixed. Let me know.


 
{Blazer: Alice & Olivia | Skirt and Tee: Gap | Shoes: Nine West | Necklace: Bauble Bar | Belt: Target (from other pants) | Lippies: Hourglass Fever}




Pin It!

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Knock on wood, I haven't had any problems with it. I have it in a butter color as well.
      Niki

      Delete
  2. beautiful outfit- your coworkers are prob just jealous of how great you look all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Nicole - yeah.. that's what I think!

      Monica
      www.pear-shaped-gal.com

      Delete
  3. Stunning outfit, the mint is gorgeous!

    Of course you should be glad to leave your current company as soon as possible but it is definitely not fair and good style how they treat you. Remember you will always meet twice in life! You never know how your career will evolve... you could be that person's future boss! Or you might be best friend to his next supervisor... ;-)

    Annette
    Lady of Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I've seen the IT guy in the grocery store so I'm sure our paths will cross again.
      Niki

      Delete
  4. It's beautiful coat you are looking so sweet i love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Niki doesn't count anymore." Really? You must get a warm, fuzzy feeling every time you walk in the door of that place...that is until you smell the brimstone, and realize you are in Hell!!!! Sheesh. My suggestion is that you give them the cheesy Mentos smile...and keep counting the days until you get to make a mad dash for the door.....run Niki run....and don't look back!!

    Julie
    Oh yeah, the outfit is a winner!! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, warm and fuzzy knots in my belly every day. And I have to go to lunch with my boss tomorrow. Wish I could come up with a good excuse not to. Hmmm. Who do I know that needs to suddenly go to the ER? Do you need me to fly yo Seattle overnight, Julie? I've done that before. I got out there and had to turn around the next day and come back due to an ER visit with a family member. I think I'll just plead the 5th when she starts to pry. "I feel uncomfomfotable with your line of questioning." "Hmm. What's taking my salad so long? It's just lettuce?!" ;-)
      Niki

      Delete
    2. Amensia. It's the only way. Put a band aid on your head, bam you are good to go.

      Salad? Uh puhleese! Order the most expense things on the menu! Go big and then go home. = ]

      Delete
    3. Yelling "stranger danger" or "bad touch" would probably work as well. :-)

      Delete
  6. Love, love the outfit. Never would have thought to put gray and mint together but it looks great.

    I had a whole group of women suddenly hate me because I got a promotion in a former company that they felt a more senior person should have gotten. I had only been there a year. I was bored in my position and the higher ups knew that. I went from seeing all these people socially to no one speaking to me any longer. I couldn't wait to leave. So happy for you that you are moving on. Everytime you talked about your job I felt that same sick feeling I use to have. I don't think you are being too sensitive either.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Robin. I've felt this sick feeling for the last 7 months. I said to my husband, "I shouldn't come home each day hating my job. That's just not right." And I removed a lot of content after I was told to take down my portfolio work on my personal website that I use for interviews and keep active regardless of where I'm employed. I didn't want them snooping around for my blog posts as well.
      It's a shame the women in your workplace had to act like children because of jealousy. You know I thought bigger companies were a better fit for me, but it's the smaller ones that are where I'm most comfortable. Arthur Andersen was the exception.
      Niki

      Delete
  7. Add sexual harassment to that and I was a real joy to be around. Hubby didn't know about that until after I left. I had just gotten back into my career after being out of the workforce for 9 years (kids) and didn't know what he would do if he found out so I didn't tell him that part.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my. You win! You had it shittier! ;-)

      Delete
  8. What a horrible place to work. Saying that to your face? What a brat. How many more days? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this coat :)
    http://worldfashionstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete