Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Please Pass the Mustard

Remixing scheemixing... it's like leftovers. After awhile you just get tired of eating leftover Easter ham. So no remixing today. It's all new! And we have about 4 days until we close on the sale of our house (fingers crossed).  I'm so ready for that phase of our life to be over with. And I'm totally digging my new job. They love me, I love them. It's all good.

So let's talk about these one-size too big mustard pants (although if I don't go back to the gym soon, I'll have to retire the majority of my wardrobe). I forget why I was in the mall this past weekend. I think I was just bored and roaming. I came in through Sears and quickly bypassed the skin-tastic-Kardashian collection. No, Bruce, your step-daughters really don't have any talent. But they make for good mindless TV when I'm binge eating. I have been searching for over a year for mustard colored pants. And these were 70% off the clearance price. I paid under $10 for them. I took them home, washed them, and threw them in the dryer on high in hopes of a little shrinkage. And a little is what I got. Oh well. A belt helps. And I guess I could always get them altered. But I know I won't.

But the dilemma today was how to take fall colors and make them appropriate for summer. Shoes and accessories! I truly believe you can do this with any fall/winter colors. Throw on sandals, add a bright lip, and throw in some spring jewelry.

And let's talk about the dress code at work. Some of you were asking about it yesterday. Okay, here's the deal. Jeans are allowed but only when worn with a company shirt. The first shirt is free and the next are 1/2 off. So there's a bunch of little clones walking around in a sea of schlubness. As Daryl Hall says, "I can't go for that. Noo--oooooo. No can do." Not digging the Kenny Rogers look, Daryl. And one of my co-workers asked me yesterday, "You do know about the dress code, right?" I replied, "Yes, but I have a lot of nice business clothes in my closet so I'll keep jeans to Friday's only." Seriously. I'm not going back to that way of dressing. I dressed that way for way too long and it got me fat, lazy, and fuggly. No thank you.


{Shirt and Necklace: J. Crew | Pants: Land's End | Shoes: Pour la Victoire | Lippies: Revlon Fire & Ice}
 
 






Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. So with you on the dress code!! I work from home but every two weeks I fly into my office for three days. While we are khakis and polos operation (heavens, even on the women!) I always wear my grown up clothes! I miss them, they need love too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good lord! Every 2 weeks you have to fly to your job? Wow! Yeah I'm actually ordering my shirts now. They only have one non-collared shirt but it's maternity. I'm going to size down and tuck it in! And I hate polos. They make me have big fat sausage arms. Going for the button downs 3/4 sleeve.
      Niki

      Delete
  2. I'd keep wearing my business casual too. My slacks are more comfortable than my jeans sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have really liked the last three outfits that you've posted. Actually, I'm really LOVING that black and white stripe dress from the Limited....of course, it's MIA now.

    I laughed reading your post regarding the black and blue print pants. I have a couple of items that look good on me, but feel like they are made by the Marquis de Sade, so I can totally relate to your dilemma.

    Since, these pants run large on you...have you tried rolling them up and calling them "boyfriend" pants (jeans)? I've done that with a few of my jeans that are too big...I can't tell from your pictures if these are cords, colored jeans or chino/twill pants. (please, note I am blaming your pictures, and not any vision issues that I might be having for my inability to tell which type they are...lol)

    So very glad to hear that your new job is starting off so well for you.

    Cheers~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of feel I'm a little too old and not bohemian enough for the rolled look. But maybe when my hair grows out and I look 20 again (stop laughing, it's gonna happen), i may try that. Yes, sorry about the dress. I looked online and it was gone. And I bought it about 3 weeks ago so it hasn't been that long. Can you call some stores?
      Meant to post another outfit last night but got wrapped up with dinner and a visit with my nephew. Hide and seek wears Aunt Nay Nay out! And we got the 'clear to close' on the house today so I might be MIA for a couple of days while I take care of transferring funds and all the fun stuff of selling a house. On Tuesday, it will all be done! :-)
      Niki

      Delete
    2. Julie, I found the tag to the limited dress in case you want to call around. Bar code #: 30177589. Other numbers - I'm assuming these are style numbers. 327, 2502, 8491, 150. Orig price $98. I got it for $52.
      Niki

      Delete
    3. Thank you!!! I'll give them a call and see what they can tell me. Do you feel it runs true to size?

      Have fun with the errands for your closing...remember to breath, in case the fun gets too be too much. * ]

      Julie

      Delete
    4. Yes. I'm a 14 in dresses and skirts. Runs tts.
      Niki

      Delete