Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

New Beginnings

Can you see the wave of relief on my face? Today was the last day at my job. While I'll miss a few coworkers that I've become close to, I'm really excited to start writing for a new company. A company that called me today to go over what to expect on my first day and to schedule my first business trip in the next few weeks...wait for it...to Connecticut.

So after handing over my badge to HR and saying my goodbyes, I came home a little early and headed to the pool to soak in some sun and relax. I'm going to spend the next few days enjoying some time off and preparing for my new adventure. I feel very lucky and fulfilled lately and very pleased with our decision to come back home.

Hubby and I are off to another art festival this weekend. A perfect opportunity for some summertime pictures that I'll have for you soon. And I have a very special dress planned for my first day on Monday. Until then, have a great rest of the week and weekend!


{Blouse and Necklace: Ann Taylor | Cords: Old Navy | Shoes: Vera Wang (the real deal, not Kohl's) | Lippies: MAC Girl About Town}
 
 


Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on closing one door and having the opportunity to open another :-)

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your mini-vacay and best of luck Monday on your new job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last day, now weekend with nice plans and a fresh start on Monday - I am happy for you!
    And your outfit is fabulous (I love Ann Taylor), the colours are gorgeous and your sandals are so cute.

    Annette
    Lady of Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annette. I was able to sleep through the night for the first time in several months. My coworker is also having sleep issues since starting. I attribute it to the constant micromanaging and shift schedule. People just don't respond well to that. But I'm enjoying my downtime (got my car serviced today and went food shopping). I'm now settling in with People Style Watch and a good movie (possibly a nap!). :-)
      Niki

      Delete
  4. Niki, best of luck to you in your new job! It is a place where we spend too many hours to be uncomfortable! It is great that you recognized a toxic situation and got out ASAP. Enjoy!!

    Xo,
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Alyssa! Thanks.
      Niki

      Delete