Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Lemon Zest

The past weekend was a pretty subdued one. Just waiting for the lunch hour today so I can wire a large sum of money to my attorney to close the deal on the house in Connecticut.  Really glad it is coming to an end and hubby and I can move on with our plans for the future.

I've limited myself to a few luxuries, such as pedicures every few weeks. My sister found a new place that she recommended to me. She understands my needs and knows that I'm after someone who isn't afraid to give me a "good digging." I know that sounds gross but I get ingrown toenails that are painful and really need someone who will spend the time to get at them. I think sister hit the jackpot on our new salon. I also have a weird toenail that doesn't show up in pictures (thank goodness). When I was 34, my pinkie toe decided to sprout croissant layers and become hard as a diamond. I'm just thankful I didn't inherit my grandma's hammer toes. Blech!

My childhood friend, who moved back to FL from Wisconsin about a year before I did, invited my sister and I on a cruise in November. To where you might ask? Uh, nowhere. It circles the Gulf of Mexico. As she put it, we're going to eat and drink ourselves silly. Just a girl's fun weekend. This will be my first cruise. I was hoping it would be with hubby but as hubby said, "We'll go on a first cruise to somewhere."

 
{Shirt: Urban Outfitters | Skirt: J. Crew | Shoes: Ann Taylor}

I've been in a baking mode lately. Maybe I'm just nesting as I'm in flux between two states and it's coming to an end. My latest creation is from Pinterest - Lemon Zucchini Bread. I don't care for zucchini, unless it's fried in a tempura batter. But oh my goodness, this bread is amazing. I baked two loaves (well one loaf in two pans) and plan to take one to work.





Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Wow! I love the colour of those shoes. Having done neon in the 1980s I wasn't sure about it this time around but those are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they're pretty cool. And I waited until they went on mega sale. I think I got the last pair for 60 or 70% off. I paid $20 for $158 shoes. Good deal. They are at my limit on height, though. 3.5" is all I can stand.
      Niki

      Delete
  2. I agree with Megan - the shoes are amazing!

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the whole outfit.

    Did you ever get the toenail checked out? Could be a fungus. I had one and am taking stuff for it and it's working. I debated not doing anything because they're not dangerous, but my mother had one (probably never diagnosed in those days) and she struggled with it for as long as I can remember. I am too vain to have to deal with a nail fungus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean my pinkie toe? If it ends up bothering me and becoming painful (it's just weird looking), then I might go. But I've had my share of podiatrists about six years ago. I've had two cryosurgeries (freezing nerves) and countless injections that I'm not in a big hurry to get the toenail looked at.
      Niki

      Delete
  4. Your legs look BEAUTIFUL in this outfit. And I really crave that skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee lotion and leftover self tanner + high heels = better looking legs. :-) thanks!
      Niki

      Delete