Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sick, Again

Wasn't I just here six weeks ago? Yep. Ever work with someone who is perpetually sick and refuses to stay home and take the time to recover properly? That has become my reality at work. I'm so flippin' mad at my co-worker. It started on Monday when Ms. Hacker asked me to look over her work and proceeded to cough up a lung right then and there. The next day, three of us were feeling scratchy throats.

I now sit here on a Sunday morning barely able to get down any food or drink without severe pain in my throat. According to the Dr. (aka Nurse Practioner) at the CVS Minute Clinic yesterday, "We've seen this weird virus going around. 40 cases/day in January. It's "highly contagious." Hubby took me just so he can translate as I haven't been able to talk in 3 days. So off with antibiotics, Mucinex, and Saline Spray I went. I missed work on Thursday (thank goodness my 6 months is up and I now get PTO - but heck, this is no way to spend the 10 days I get), worked from home on Friday, and have a note to be out until Wednesday.

So until I get better...
Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear that you are sick! And I get so frustrated and angry at those co-workers too!

    Because I work in an international organisation with many Americans I know that it can be very difficult for you to stay at home because of the sick leave regulations.

    Get well soon and I am sure hubby will be there for you...

    Annette
    Lady of Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hubby has been great! He just got back from getting me soup and mac n cheese. He's been very attentive.
      Niki

      Delete
  2. Take care of yourself, Niki and feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look after yourself hun. If its any consolation I know how you feel as I am exactly the same. Not good at all.

    At least you have a good fella to nurse you back to health.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear you are sick as well. Yeah, hubby went to the store yesterday for more soup, etc. He's been great!
      Niki

      Delete
  4. My Mom, husband and I BOTH had it a few weeks ago..no fun. Lots of hot tea helped. Hope you're back to normal soon.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it gets better. I was told that she's back in the office, coughing up phlegm and testifying that she isn't sick as none of her family got it. Meanwhile, both my co-worker and I are out sick. Hmmm. My other co-worker is checking with HR on policy of sending her home.
      Speaking of tea, omg, I'm totally hooked on Bigalow Earl Gray Green tea. So delicious. Warm salt gargling helps as well. As does the saline spray when you tilt your head upside down. And Mucinex is breaking up the phlegm. I'm actually feeling a lot better today and am able to swallow whole foods again.
      Niki

      Delete
  5. 3 people and I used "both"...geez. maybe I still have it!!

    ReplyDelete