Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

Red Lace

So forget blue theme week, I've switched over to red. And apparently, it's garnering quite the attention. A woman with crazy eyes told me she really likes red on me. Hmm. Maybe I should switch back to blue. And I swore I would never wear this MAC Prince Noir lipstick to work again, but it's really working with the lighter hair. I don't feel so goth. Just feels like a dark red.

These pants are a bit weird. I got them from Dorothy Perkins for $12. They are awesome to look at - looks like real lace over red pants (the back is just black). But they feel like a plastic/cloth picnic tablecloth. Remember those? The ones that grandma would put on her kitchen table and wipe down with a sponge after goulash? Oh my grandma's goulash was the best - for a kid. If you promise not to share the recipe with anyone, I'll give it to you. Ready? Elbow noodles, ground hamburger, ketchup (or catsup). Yep. That was Sunday dinner at grandma's when I was young and would stay with my dad for the weekends. Ahhh. memories.

The pants are comfortable but the waist is huge. I have a big gap in the back. Nothing a blazer won't fix! So now when someone asks you the best fashion advice you've ever received, you can say, 'Niki says a blazer fixes everything." Bam! Instant trend setter.


 
{Blazer: The Limited | Pants: Dorothy Perkins | Tee: Gap | Necklace: Forever 21 | Shoes: Zara}
 
 


Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. I do love that red blazer, it just looks so soft.

    I am dying to get my hair cut. Was trying to grow it out (I have long hair envy), but bah! I can't stand it. Hope my salon has an opening this weekend ;-)

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee. I've started a new hair trend. My coworker is getting hers cut on Tues and my other coworker wants to go platinum.
      Niki

      Delete
  2. Wow!!! That is an allround stunning outfit. Great colour and I love every detail about it. You look fantastic!

    Annette
    Lady of Style

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool that you seem to have found your mojo with this post. :) And I agree, with the new hair the red lipsticks have been looking fantastic. And the hair has totally grown on me too. You're enfuego, lady!

    I am half Italian, and once when I was a teenager my brother and I had lunch with both our grandmothers together. Somehow we got to talking about pizza and my non-Italian grandmother said that when she wants pizza, she just took Wonder bread, spread a little ketchup on it, and topped it with a piece of Velveeta then put it in the toaster oven. The table fell silent, and then my Italian grandmother completely changed the topic. Great memories...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFL!! Of course grandma didn't drain the grease either so it was extra special tasting! This is probably why I don't like manwich or sloppy joes. But oddly enough, I'll get a hankering for chef boyedee about once/year. And Kraft Mac n Cheese just doesn't have the same allure it did when I was a kid. Now it just tastes like the box it comes in.
      Niki

      Delete