Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

Pleather Leggings Done Right

I've had these pleather leggings for a few months now. I've seen them, and other variations, on other blogs. I've seen them done right and I've seen some not-so-good combinations. Here's my take on it.

IF you are a plus size woman and want to wear leather or pleather leggings, do not show your thighs. Period. These type of leggings, just like light colored jeans or pants, show every dimple and imperfection. Why? They are meant to be worn fairly close to your skin. I have big thighs. I have cellulite. I'm not a size 4 - not even close, never will be. I wouldn't dream of wearing these leggings under anything but a dress or tunic that extends to my knees. Otherwise, as my sister puts it, and I paraphrase, "You're borderline hooker."

 
{Dress: Bar III | Leggings: DKNY | Jacket: Target | Necklace: Bubblebar | Shoes: Nine West Andriana}




Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to comment to tell you that I love your new hair style. It's very flattering. And now pleather leggings! Very funky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very sleek. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci beaucoup! Can you tell I forgot to put on blush before leaving the house? Lol!
      Niki

      Delete
  3. I think you would pull off a tunic top .. no?

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, definitely. I was just saying that I wouldn't wear these leggings with anything other than a long tunic or dress that both hit at or below my knees.
    Niki

    ReplyDelete