Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Weekend in Review

Got the 'ol hair did this weekend. Was extremely nervous about it and I am still getting used to it as it has taken me by surprise. This is the first pass. Couldn't get it all up to a platinum level but will next time when I visit for root regrowth. I also kept the front a little longer than I thought I was going to. I'm thankful to my stylist for that. I've gotten a lot of support over this new color and cut. Can't believe my sister said she liked the color. She doesn't like the back and wished I had just kept the back the same length as the front. But my hair grows like a weed so I'm not worried.  Plus I've cut the trying time in half. So here are the before, during, and after pics.

Ready to Go...


Processing...



Finished



Before going to the salon, my mom and I were supposed to go on a food tour in St. Petersburg. We had difficulty getting the organizer to respond to our emails and phone calls. We showed up at the location we thought the tour would be at. The tea company ended up getting a hold of the woman who said she emailed everyone the night before of the new location (a 20 min. walk from where we were). This was a Living Social deal and a Christmas gift from my sister. I gave the woman some choice words and will call Living Social tomorrow for a refund.

My sister and I met up briefly today at FitLife Foods. We had vouchers for some free meals. It's a nifty little concept in that they prepare healthy, but tasty, packaged meals and snacks that run anywhere from 200-700 calories per meal. I scooped up the Cashew Chicken (490 calories), Mac-n-Cheese (250 calories), and the Miami Beach Mixed Grill (420 calories). The food was actually pretty tasty. Not cheap, but perfectly portioned. I finally weighed myself this weekend. Since moving back to FL, I've gained 6 lbs. So I'm on a mission to get about 12 lbs off by mid April.



Did anyone try to take advantage of Joe Fresh launching in JC Penney this weekend? I did! And here's what I encountered on the much advertised opening day. Bastards!



Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. Lol .. great post! I didn't even know about the Joe Fresh launch .. good thing, I guess.

    Your hair looks GREAT! Love the edgy style and color. I despise having my hair done. I'm always ready to bolt out of the salon after a color & cut.

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica! I follow Joe Fresh on Facebook so I knew about 6 months ago that I wouldn't have to travel to NYC for my fix anymore. Of course I couldn't find a sales associate to tell me when the in-store launch will be. Ugh. JCP! Really? Couldn't they have paired up with Macys or better yet - just open an independent store. But I guess it's better than a grocery store like in Canada.
      Niki

      Delete
  2. Your hair looks terrific! Didn't I see you on the red carpet last night ;)
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Thank you! I've gotten great feedback at work so far. Even a "Gwen Stefani" comment. Now that I like!
      Niki

      Delete
  3. I was excited about the Joe Fresh launch, too-went on Sunday-and your JCP looks exactly like mine. I did find GREAT summer jeans that are work appropriate, so all was not lost. Love your hair!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth. Their stuff is available online now thru jcp.com but I don't want to pay for shipping, and their sizing runs large in some things.
      Niki

      Delete
  4. your hair looks great-edgy and fun :-) love playing with hair styles/cuts/colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the cut, suits you beautifully! Have fun playing with your hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy. Can't wait til it's platinum!
      Niki

      Delete
  6. I left you a nifty, lengthy comment that got eaten by the ether. Love the outfit, love the hair :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It was a reply to the Ska comment. How weird! Thanks Cali!
      Niki

      Delete