Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Ska


So this is my take on California Ska/Rocksteady/Punk (think No Doubt, Fishbone, etc.) modified for work by adding a blazer and loafers. I love this style of dressing but it's not exactly workplace friendly and I was afraid I'd get sent home for the t-shirt. You know, cause you can't possibly be productive in a tee and this one might offend seafood eaters.

Aren't the pants awesome? Love tartan. I'll wear it year round because I don't think tartan should be reserved for winter months, holiday parties, or Scottish balls (not those Scottish balls). They are a little tight but I'm not attributing that to my lack of gym participation, king size Kit Kats, or the increased intake in a special red adult bevvie. They are just cut wrong. Actually they have no give and that's always a problem for me as when I sit, I spread like Texas.

And I'm so wanting to do something radical to my hair. I've had this lackluster blonde for too long. I want to go platinum and I want to go short. Last night I ordered some truffle mayo from Brooklyn as I want to attempt Tuscan fries like the ones I used to have at happy hour at Il Palio in Connecticut. They were served with black truffle mayo. I was going to attempt my own mayo but black truffles are expensive! Pre-made white truffle mayo was a less financial commitment and time. So check out the hair on one of the business partners at Empire Mayonnaise. Her hair is rad and I want it. Both the cut and color. What do you all think? Well it's gonna happen on Saturday. I'm working my way to being Gwen Stefani's short, pudgy sister.



{Tee: Fishbone concert | Blazer: Zara | Capris: J. Crew. Buy here. Mine were 40% off. | Shoes: Zara}
 




Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. Fun outfit! Love the pants .. I'm not quite sure I could pull those off .. I sorta stick with solid colors :-)

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After lunch yesterday, I was struggling to pull up those pants. They are not forgiving around the thighs.
      Niki

      Delete
  2. Fun pictures! Love the outfit.....and really love the hairstyle and color...don't know if I'd do platinum, might bring flash backs to when I was little and people called me a towhead....had some major issues with that, since I thought they were calling me a "toe" head.....I can see the therapy bills now. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 5 pm this saturday is when the bleaching begins. Haircut after. Pics throughout the process (unless I look dreadful). Lol!
      Niki

      Delete
  3. GREAT outfit--you're going to look smashing with edgy, platinum hair--can't wait to see the pix. And--off this topic--I checked JCrew for the lace printed sweatshirt (that had only been avail in XS) and by some miracle there was an XL--now if it will stay cool enough in LA so I have a chance to wear it!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome Elizabeth! It's been dry and in the 70s here. In other words, my favorite FL weather. I'm so excited about the hair change. I cannot wait! I hope it will turn out like I picture it. Hop on over to my Pinterest page and look in the Hair board for more examples.
      Niki

      Delete
  4. The hair will be awesome on you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! I woke up like a little girl on Christmas morning today. Can't wait til my apt. at 5!
      Niki

      Delete
  5. I have been keeping up with your posts but I can't post comments on my ipad. :( I love these pants! But when I tried them on I thought the same thing about the fit. Your outfit is totally cute though. And I got the skirt in record time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it Meghan! The pants fit snugly due to my 6lb weight gain since moving back to Fl. So I'm addressing that by cutting back.
      Niki

      Delete
  6. Ok - being your new, number one California fan, I have to say two things here: One, LOVE the outfit. I never would have thought to pair the yellow shirt with the plaid pants, but the red in the shirt plus the black jacket pull it all together beautifully. So one: awesome look. Two: I was born and bred here in sunny SoCal and I have never once seen anyone wearing tartan pants. Not once. I know they must be, because I see them in the stores and because I love plaid pants (so if I love it, it MUST be the first thing everyone else has to reach for in their closets. Period. Everyone wants to look Just Like Me. Or Not). But I have never *seen* them on anyone. I see a lot of blue jeans (and the wonderful floral patterned ones), but no tartan. I got to wondering if there could be a compromise friendly look, like tartan jeans, and OMG, look what I found: http://www.allorosl.com/2011/02/ Okay - it's back a couple of years, but I LOVE (yeah, love, love, LOVE) the site and can't wait to peruse. In any case, Google came up with a zillion other options for plaid jeans, so it looks like I can duplicate this look with not too much difficulty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I had this whole long reply about loving CA and visiting LA, La Jolla, San Diego and northern CA. And then my computer crapped out on me. Love the tartan jeans. Not too long ago, The Limited had tartan jeans on sale. Set a trend, Cali! I guess only rock stars dress in tartan out there, huh? Too bad.
      Welcome to my blog. :-)
      Niki

      Delete