Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Prabal Gurung for Target

When designers paired up with Neiman Marcus and Target, I was pretty excited about some pieces of the collection. And even more excited when a few weeks after the debut, everything was marked down to 70% off. After all, that's how I got my beautiful Alice & Olivia bike, which I love but have only ridden once so far. Once I get a bike rack on my car, I'll be able to take it more places. One of the main pieces I wanted from that collection was the Prabal Gurung cape. I tried it on with disappointing results. It was extremely scratchy and I looked like a detective. Even my sister made a point to tell me about it when it was reduced to 50% off as she knows I like capes.

I pretty much get excited over any Target/designer collaboration. And to own a piece by Prabal Gurung is no exception. Love, love, love all his clothing. Can't, can't, can't afford any of it. Until now. It's almost 4am on a Sunday morning. Have I been up all night waiting with baited breath for the collection to show up online like I did in year's past? Well... no. I was going to, but I ended up going to bed around 10pm (a rarity on a Saturday night) just out of pure exhaustion of running around on Saturday to the local farmers market, helping hubby get his car fixed, and not one, but two warehouse shopping trips. Why is Costco so much tamer than Sam's Club?

I guess I have the laughter of strangers to thank for my online purchase early this morning. Our apartment faces the pool and every so often, a group of people think it's fine to go hang out in the middle of the night and laugh and talk loudly. I think it's rude, but for the most part we actually live in a quiet complex. But good going strangers (yeah, bad Madonna reference). Because of you, I woke up, logged on, and bought a few pieces that were only for sale online, or so it displayed "Out of Stock" at most local locations. I"m sure a trip to my local Target will probably yield the entire collection.

So which pieces did I get? Behold!
{Lace Overlay top}

{Meet the Parents skirt}

 
{Floral Crush Print dress - this was the main piece I wanted from the collection}
 
 
 
{Flora Crush Print shorts)

Even though I typically wear shorts that come down to my knees, these were too cute to pass up. Once I have a nice tan on my legs, I won't care about my dimples).



Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. Although these shorts are not for me, I love the floral prints of this collection.
    Oh yes, spring... flowers... tanned legs...can't wait anylonger!

    Annette
    Lady of Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The floral prints are nice. I am glad I didn't buy the floral blazer. Cut was too boxy and long and the floral was too trendy for a blazer. Also some of the pieces felt cheap and looked H&M - ish. The meet the parents skirt was cute and nicely constructed.

      Delete
  2. Cute items! I bypassed the collection opening at Target, but may take a look online to see if anything cute is still available.

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! There's still a lot left online but the lace top and shorts are sold out. Some stuff isn't offered in the stores. By 3pm yesterday, my local Target was picked through.
      Niki

      Delete
  3. I loved that leather jacket, but wanted to see it in person. Feel the quality of the leather--make sure the color wasn't too bright. But, nope. All gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wondering if the disappointing sales of the last neiman marcus collection prompted the designer and Target to scale back on quantity.
      Niki

      Delete
  4. I wondered the same thing...the Neiman Marcus collection hung around (literally) barely touched for a l o n g time at my store...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And as with other collections, I was online purchasing for fear of online and instore sellouts. So far the neiman collections seems to be the only one that did not live up to the hype. And unlike the couture designer pieces you would pay thousands for, these are sometimes throwaway pieces. My striped missoni dress has become too worn, faded, and tight for me to continue to own it, so off it goes to goodwill. Had I paid big bucks for the real deal, I highly suspect it would not have lost it's shape or degredate in color.
      Niki

      Delete
  5. i was one of the nutty ones who stayed up past midnight...lol. and then was 3rd in line at my local store the following morning. i am glad i went to the store though because i found out that the strappy heels i had purchased ran big so i was still able to get my size. i also ordered the dress, shorts and blazer in the floral crush print (in 2 sizes)!!! i think it's safe to say that this was my fave collab yet. =)

    xoxo, jenn
    the stylish housewife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should do a dual post when we get the dresses - show how to style it for two different body types. :-)
      Niki

      Delete