Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

Narciso Colorblock

In typical Niki fashion, I've kept this dress hanging in my closet for over a month. I actually forgot about it. It got wedged in between other dresses (not hard in my closet). It's a walk-in (yay!) but not very big. I can get all my clothes in the closet (well those that aren't in storage) but just barely.

And off subject but my necklace organization has been pinned 74 times in the last week since converting my personal Pinterest account to a business blogger account. 74 times! Holy cow!

I love this dress. It reminds me of my Vince color block goal dress. It's from the Narciso Rodriguez collection for Kohl's. I truly believe that this is my best look - shift dress with fitted blazer. It covers my knobby, dimply knees and arms, hugs my curves, and pulls in at my natural waist. Just a good look for me. And although I would love to dress like this every day, I just like variety. I like trying new styles and exploring what else might work for my body.

On a different note (yes, when I drink and write I tend to go off on tangents), I have removed some content from the last few months of my blog posts. Although I won't go into detail, it's to protect my privacy. Some of it was pretty good humor and food for thought, but I can't take any chances. I may be able to explain this later, but for now - sorry.

Oh, and don't forget, on Sunday Target teams up with Prabal Gurung. Take a look at the collection here. I have my eye on a few pieces.



{Dress: Narciso Rodriguez for Kohl's | Blazer: Zara | Purse: Zara (c/o Mommy's gift card). Buy it here. And it now comes in a mini version! | Shoes: Nine West. Similar here.}
 


Pin It!

13 comments:

  1. I love shift dresses because I always think I am perfectly dressed that way. Add a blazer or a cardigan for work and that's it, very easy.
    The block colours are amazing!
    I have a similar tote bag and use it almost daily.

    Annette
    Lady of Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I waited 2-3 months to wear it!
      Niki

      Delete
  2. Love. Love. Love.

    I agree one hundred percent in what you said regarding knowing what works for you yet liking variety. I feel the same way. I think it's a way of reflecting the different aspects of our personalities, and it keeps fashion fun.

    Julie



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. Knowing what works on your body and being able to resort to it while you try other trends is a big challenge for a lot of women.
      Niki

      Delete
  3. love the outfit! and yes, i agree, this is a great look for you. also one of my faves for me, though i am with you on variety. sometimes i look at other bloggers/styles and want to try the trendy stuff, but i know my style is more classic. still fun to try now and again. and LOVE the bag too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good way to describe it. I'm definitely better with more classic pieces but still love to explore new looks.
      Thanks!
      Niki

      Delete
  4. Love this on you! Very flattering. Is this dress current at Kohl's? Have a good weekend-

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh - sorry - no, I bought it in November. But there are still some pieces at ridiculous prices online. You might get lucky and find a few straggler pieces in stores. Ebay might have the dress as well. And for reference, it's a size L.
      Niki

      Delete
  5. It's a great look, but the stand-out is THAT BAG!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! But I was just asked "can u find anything in it?"
      Niki

      Delete
  6. I did see the Narciso Rodriguez collection at Kohl's but it didn't really speak to me .. lol. It should because I need more color in my closet .. but ugh, perhaps I'm color blind.

    Anyway, although the clothing from Prabal Gurung seems a bit too youthful for me .. I do LOVE the jewelery .. may have to get up early on Sunday to crash Target :-)

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I type this totally drunk... Wait what was I gonnna say. Yeah. I don't know. Oh yeah Prabal. Get some.
      Niki

      Delete