Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Lobster

I originally wanted the blue J. Crew lobster sweater that's going for $89 on eBay now. Uh, I think not. So although it's not blue and red, this sweater was only $20 at Forever 21. And can you believe how well this tank looks under the sweater? Remember it? It's the one I wore for my Carrie Bradshaw post last June? Hmm. Hair's a bit different. I was a about 6-8lbs thinner too. That I can work on.

I really do like how this outfit came together. And I had so many compliments on my hair today. I was taking Woozie out after dinner and this girl (20-something) just stopped me and said, "I love the color of  your hair. I'm such and such (yeah I'm bad with names)" as she extended her hand to me. People that have never talked to me at work are paying me (or rather my hair) compliments. Both men and women are doing double takes. So it makes me wonder if a big part of the appeal of Gwen Stefani is her hair? I personally like the total package (voice, hair, looks) but I wonder if a lot of women would love to go completely blonde or platinum but just can't make the full commitment so they go for highlights instead. I mean that's what I did for years. I've had highlights since 1998. I got highlights to help blend with my gray hair. I've been gray since I was 22. My mom too. It's no fun seeing your racing stripe a week after root touch ups.  And as I have gotten older, the gray has now started showing up along my temples and on the sides of my head above my ears in massive proportions. I asked my stylist on Saturday if she could tell percentage-wise how much gray I have. She said 70% in the front and 25% in the back. Wow! Just wow! So hopefully this new color will really help blend the new gray growth cause 41 is just too young for all that gray.



{Sweater: Forever 21 (recent) | Tank: Talbots | Skirt: Old Navy | Shoes: Nine West Andriana | Lipstick: Besame Cherry Red}
 

Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. I love the platinum! It suits you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really growing on me. I agree with my sister on keeping the length in the back. It will be at the perfect length in 2 months. :-)
      Thanks!
      Niki

      Delete
  2. Your platinum hair is just the best--it's so striking with your eyes and lipstick! The lobster sweater is cute, but it would be completely lost on people here in S. Louisiana...they would ask where I got the "crawfish" sweater!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! My friend at work said it looks like the claws are trying to pinch my boobs. :-)
      Do you have that nice blend of southern, cajun, french accent?
      Thank you for the compliments!
      Niki

      Delete
  3. Quite the cute sweater! I wanted the J Crew pear sweater, but never got around to ordering it ..hmm, wonder if I should check out ebay.

    Yes, the blond hair with bold lips is striking :-)

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    I recently came across fashionatforty.blogspot.com and would like to discuss the possibility of paying you to display an advertisement on the site.

    We have a large customer base of clients prepared to pay to display discrete adverts, contextually matched to the content of the page on high quality sites like yours, and this can be a great way to generate an income without compromising your website.

    Please email me back if you would be interested in finding out more and I will send you a follow-up email outlining the opportunity in more detail.

    I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you but I'm not interested in text-link coding with Adbeans.
      Niki

      Delete