Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Blonde... Niki Blonde

Although my cuticles have not settled down yet from the bleaching (still a bit Puff-Daddy looking), they are a little more calmed down than yesterday's nest.  Too bad the weather tonight is humid and yucky. To my surprise, I received a ton of compliments on the color and cut today. Those that didn't like it did the awkward, "Do you like it?" to which my co-worker and I make fun of. We don't know if it's just an American thing where if you feel awkward and can't find something nice to say, you have to pose it back as a question. Both of us are honest when someone asks us a question about their looks. And if we don't like something, we'll say so but we will say it with tact. Why can't everyone just speak their minds? I mean, heck, if you don't like my hair, just tell me. I'd rather you say, "You know what, Niki? I really like your hair longer (me too) or darker." I'm a big girl and I can take it. And it's just hair. It's an easy change (color-wise) and takes me two months to grow out. Keep in mind this is stage 1. When I go back for regrowth, I'll be platinum. Don't want to fry the hair.

Oh and did I say I'm hungry? Yeah, 1200 calories is a bitch. I'm hungry. When I was on Weight Watchers in 2011 I figured (through complicated mathematical equations - NO) that 29 WW points = 1380 calories. I've been pretty good for the last few days, but man oh man am I hungry tonight. So I'm going over my calorie count today cause sometimes you just gotta listen to your body. If not, I know I'll be snacking later.

And I'm thinking this might be an unofficial blue theme week.

 
{Blazer & Tank: Zara | Pants: Talbots | Shoes: Nine West Andriana | Lipstick: Nars Heat Wave}

Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. Nikki......I love it. It looks sexy,dramatic and gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been on WW and yeah, 29 points is hard. Try to pick up some filling fruits.

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh there's the rub. I hate fruit. Veggies good, fruit nasty. It's a taste and texture issue.
      Niki

      Delete
  3. Great outfit and it matches perfectly with your hair and lipstick!
    Very fresh and modern.

    Annette
    Lady of Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks great!! I once got my hair cut in a terrible bob, awful on me, wrong length, wrong color, horrible. And I knew it, but you do what you can. One of my good friends tried so hard to find a nice thing to say and this is what he came up with: It looks very professional. Telling me my hair looked professional isn't really a compliment, its like saying you have sturdy shoes or a utilitarian bag; its not awful but its not how you'd like to feel.

    I had no idea WW was so calorie restricted!!!! No wonder it works; you can't eat anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Professional" lol! I wish someone had told me my hair looked like a ratty mess when I wore it curly.
      WW simply teaches you portion control. I got an additional 29 points each week to distribute how I wanted. I used every point, every week and would just shake my head when people would write "i can't get thru all my points today. I'm just not hungry." Bulls***. I was starving every day. Been hungry for 2 years!
      Niki

      Delete
  5. I really love the cut. I didn't love the color in yesterday's pictures because your skin tone looked too rich for it, but in today's pictures it looks right. I chalked it up to lighting. It'll be interesting to see what the platinum looks like on you, but I've liked everything you've done with your hair and makeup so I'm sure it will be adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's amazing the difference lighting can make. I took the first photo in the mall bathroom with my iphone. Today's is obviously outside in natural light with a Canon Rebel T3i. And tomorrow's post will look a little different since I left my purple shampoo on longer to tone the yellow. Thank you for the honest feedback. :-)
      Niki

      Delete