Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Tibi

Decided to show you another button-down blouse. This one is a little better but still has some issues. I like that it is slightly stretchy and has the side slits for my hips. That makes it easier for me to button the last button. The fit is fine in the sleeves and through my shoulders. However, this one has the typical big breast problem in that when I sit down, it gapes open around the third button, which is right where I need the bulk of the material. So there was some bra and skin flashing at work today. Thank goodness I sit in my little closet of a desk.

This blouse is also my attempt to buy a little more high end. I love Tibi clothing. I find the styles and patters so unique (really want the lobster pattern next). It's also the first thing that I've purchased from The Outnet. Usually I can't find a thing that isn't a size 2 from the online retailer. This blouse is a size 12. And again, other than the typical gape at the breast, I actually really like it.




{Blouse: Tibi | Jeans: Target | Shoes: Michael Kors}


Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. Love the blouse, I have the same problem with gaping at the chest. I like the signature Equipment blouses because they usually run larger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lissy. Been curious about Equipment blouses but read reviews that they run small so I didn't try them. Will have to make an effort to try some on.
      Niki

      Delete
  2. Love the blouse and was the reason I clicked to view :-)

    If you're worried about the gap, just add a cami :-)

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica. I might just wear it open over a tank the next time. I'm seeing a couple of possibilities. :-)
      Niki

      Delete
  3. Really loving the combination of the black and white with that amazing blue. Also, liked how you worked the jacket from Target...didn't feel patriotic at all. : ]

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I'm gonna work that jacket with stripes next week. Today's pants are pale mint green. Hard to see that in the sun. There's a but of mint green in the shirt. :-)
      Niki

      Delete
  4. Love the blouse. I use fashion tape (BB&B) or wear a minimizing bra (LOVE it with certain tops!!) when I have this issue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minimizing bra! Of course! That's flippin' genius. Thank you.
      Niki

      Delete
  5. LOL Our little secret. Sometimes I want to wear one all the time...especially t-shirts.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete