Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Neiman Marcus/Target Collection 70% Off!

Ack! (Yeah that was a bad Cathy reference.) I'm turning 41 very, very, very soon. Ack! Okay I'm done.

Okay ladies - if you've haven't visited Tarjay in the last couple of days and are wanting some cute designer clothes for 70% off, run, run, run to your nearest Target. On New Year's Eve, my sister sent me a text stating the collection was 50% off. I had to run in to get some hooks for an apartment patio makeover hubby and I started on New Year's day and wowza - the collection is now a whopping 70% off, which kind of pisses me off since I paid full price for the Skaist-Taylor vest that I plan to wear on my bday weekend.



And I keep trying on that damn Prabal Gurung cape. Even at $24, it's still itchy and Sherlock Holmes-y.


So what did I get? Hello Marc Jacobs scarf. I don't care that I live in FL and never wore a scarf until I moved to Connecticut. This one is lightweight. There. Justified. And $20.99! Boom! Justified again.

And it is wool and itchy but I love this Thom Browne Women's Blazer. And I thought I would need an XL but was surprised that it was too big in...wait for it... the chest area. I know, I know.  It's a freaky miracle.


I'd still like to get the Jason Wu Christmas ornaments and I'm debating on the Lela Rose Top. I tried it on in a L but wouldn't wear it on its own. It needs a blazer as the fit is a bit weird. Tight in the back but loose in the front. Business in the front and party in the back? No, no, that's not right.

Some of the pieces are just ridiculous and cheap. The Brian Atwood sunglasses. Paleeze. Band of Outsiders cookie cutters. Really? Wait. Let's not get too hasty. They could be good for Father's Day.

Too bad the Alice and Olivia bike is gone. Now that would have been awesome at 70% off.
 
And I have a feeling that since Jan 5 is their cutoff return date, prices might go down even more after that.









Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. nice post ! Happy New Year!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been in Target since the beginning Dec 19th, so I totally missed the whole Neiman Marcus stuff. Oh, well I have some time this weekend .. perhaps I'll stop in :-)

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You still have time. One of the less frequented Targets had a ton of stuff still.
      Niki

      Delete
  3. I got the tory burch lunch box and thermos at 70% at two different targets. Still hoping the diane yoga mat gets cheaper.
    Can't wait to see how to style the blazer. I passed. Just can't get into them. I'm more of a cardigan gal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of the two Targets I went to, I only saw the Tory Burch thermos. However, I paid full price for the lunch box, which I use almost every day. :-) Wait til you read my post tomorrow...
      Niki

      Delete
  4. Love the post....Sherlock comment most of all. I think you made the right choice with the cape....I have a rule; if it only takes a couple of tweaks to turn it into a costume...it's a no.

    I'm eager to see how you wear the Thom Browne blazer. I saw it in the store, and thought it was cute....but when I pictured how I would wear it...I kept hearing the song from the Olympics in my head and myself striding in waving to the crowds....it was a very patriotic moment and all...but I had to pass.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Julie, no. Don't put that horrible Ralph Lauren "these jackets were't made by little China tykes" image in my mind! I promise, no beret or scarf with the blazer. I do have something in mind, though. But it will have to wait.:-)
      Niki

      Delete
  5. "these jackets were't made by little China tykes" "I promise, no beret or scarf with the blazer" LMAO I guess, I now have to add not reading your blog when I can't sleep at 3 am, and am the only person awake to the list of places (and times) not to read your blog!!

    I'm sure that you'll pull the blazer into something that works. I tried a few combos in my mind with things I have in my closet....I don't know maybe it was the Christmas shopping craziness or all those red carts ramming into me....but I just couldn't come up with anything. (and no, I don't have any berets...makes me look like a bobble head when I wear one)
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So no reading in airports, no late night reading in your house, probably a big no-no reading my blog at work. Where oh where can you read my blog where you can crack up w/out being judged? You might have to find a large park. Oh heck, NYC is perfect. No one cares what you laugh at, how you look, or who you like there. I often think NYC is the melting pot for misfits. I've seen some pretty kooky stuff there. What would make some people's eyes bug out in middle America, doesn't even get a glance from passersby in NYC (unless you're a tourist).

      Delete