Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

Loafers

I'm back! Did you miss me?  Thanks for all your wishes for a speedy and healthy return. Turns out it wasn't the flu, it was a sinus infection. Haven't had one in about a year and a half but when I do get them, they take me down to paradise city for a week.

So the walk-in clinic gave me the usual penicillin concoction with a Lance Armstrong bonus - steroids! Holy crud! I started feeling better the very next day. Steroids are da bomb and Lance Armstrong can cycle anytime he wants in my hood. Bring the dope, buddy. You're A-OK in my book! Hell, everyone take prescription drugs. They're lovely! Last night I bench pressed my husband and then shaved my beard.

Soooo. Now that I'm feeling about 75% back to normal, thought I would take some pics before the rain came. You all loved this jacket and so do I. Take note, baby sister. You do harm to this jacket when you borrow it and I will seize your first born. Until he cries or poops, then he's gotta go.

And for some reason, I'm in a loafer stage. Not the kind where I want to eat boxes of donuts and watch 'Catfish' night after night on a bean bag. Although that sounds kind of good, actually. The kind that I wear on my feet to feel like a preppy 14-year old member of the Breakfast Club. I'll be the princess eating my sushi in the school library while on detention. My loafers are Michael Kors from DSW and were on super clearance.




{Dress: Joe Fresh | Jacket: Forever 21 | Shoes: Michael Kors. Similar, taller version here. | Necklace: Ann Taylor | Lipstick: MAC Rebel}

 

Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. Good to read that you are feeling better...you look great in this outfit. Lucky you. After a bout of 'anything' I always look like something you'd need to tie a piece of beef to, in order to get the dog to play with it!
    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, try as I might, I just can't come up with a witty reply to that one. You win!
      Niki

      Delete
    2. What can I say? It's a gift. lol

      Delete
  2. Happy to hear of your speedy recovery! My whole family in Texas had the same sequelae: flu? Walk-in clinic, sinus infection, antibiotics and steroids! Crossing our fingers back here in NY that we are spared. P.S. you look terrific and tall in this outfit!! At 5'0", I'm REALLY jealous :)
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooo. Maybe steroids gave me the much desired growth spurt I've been looking for since puberty!
      Take care!
      Niki

      Delete
  3. love those loafers--girly and loafer-y at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I was hem-hawing over whether to get these loafers. I kept looking at them, walking in them, wondering if they were too matronly and boring, or too typical 1990s workplace footwear. Yeah, it wasn't an easy decision with these but now I'm glad I got them.
      Niki

      Delete
  4. Love the jacket with the leopard lining .. that's my type of jacket!

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little fun bonus with this jacket! :-)
      Niki

      Delete
  5. that dress looks fab on you :-) love the look overall, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I miss Joe Fresh. Rumor is they will open little boutiques in Penneys this year.
      Niki

      Delete
  6. Niki--That blue is a great color for you!

    I have recently been awarded the coveted "Liebster Blog Award"...which among other things enables me to share the love with other bloggers. And I choose you!!

    Check out my post today for all the details, K? There is a bunch of stuff for you to do but it is pretty fun!

    http://matchymatchymidlife.blogspot.com/2013/01/faces-in-crowd.html

    XO,
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete