Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

J. Crew Lace

So I spent the better part of Sunday in the mall as I was overdue on my haircut. After a couple of months, I have to get my hair thinned out. I don't have thick hair, I just have a lot of it. And it's actually pretty fine. So getting it thinned out is like losing 10lbs off my head. I told her I want to keep the length, as I'm lazy and like to pull it back some mornings, but to chop the heck out of the layers as she saw fit. I'm really digging having layers in my hair. Keeps it interesting and from looking like an 80s news anchor.

I was surprised to find this J. Crew sweatshirt in my size in the Tampa store as it has been sold out online. It was pretty cheap ($26) as it was hanging in the clearance section. I thought about pairing it with green or cobalt blue pants or skirt but wasn't crazy about where this sweatshirt hits on my arms. For a lot of women, cap sleeves are an issue, for me, it's the sleeve that hits right above my elbow. I feel that's the chunkiest part of my arm. So I had the idea to pair this sweatshirt over a dress. I love how this one came together with the bell sleeves peeking out from under the sweatshirt.

I also popped into Talbots as they were having a 60% off clearance sale. Got this necklace for $16! Kind of reminds me of my silver mesh necklace that I got from the consignment store last year. I have yet to find a good consignment store where I live. I may have to venture into Tampa around Hyde Park.

I was up early Saturday morning as a lovely siren went off at 6:00. Seeing as how I wanted to be in downtown St. Pete for the Saturday Morning Market by 9, I just decided to stay up. There were a couple of things I wanted to get and try at the market: mozzarella from a guy who owns 19 water buffalo, fresh hen eggs, and scallops from the only fish guy at the market. Although the scallops
were good and big (they were from up north), they handed them to me frozen. Was really hoping for fresh scallops. Not a big thing in FL as shrimp and lobster are more prevalent down here. I also bought some organic broccoli and other veggies from another vendor and the broccoli was out of this world! So flavorful. The eggs? I think I got bamboozled. Supposedly, and from what the owner said, "Once you taste fresh eggs, you'll never buy store bought again." Well, unless I was swindled and just given brown and white store eggs, which is what I think happened. Couldn't tell the difference in taste or yoke color from the fresh eggs and the eggs I just bought at Publix the night before. Personally, I think the woman stopped by the Publix up the road, cleared out the shelves of brown and white eggs, and rolled them in a little dirt to make them seem authentic.


And the buffalo mooze? Salty. So I then headed to my favorite Italian market, Mazzaro's, where I bought fresh (still warm) mooze, Montasio, and Manchego cheese, along with some Pinot Grigio salami. Made hubby and I had a little Saturday afternoon spread using some of the fresh honey my sister gave me for Christmas. It was a delicious snack. Afterward I headed to Sam's Club for our usual necessities. Tip - go to warehouse clubs (we belong to Costco as well) about two hours before they close. Although you won't get to sample everything, the crowds and women with big backs will have dwindled (probably cause the free food is gone).

I was also longing for some good Pizza today when I walked into the breakroom this morning and saw Lombardi's and Pepe's on the Food Network. Must find good pizza down here. I think that's my next mission.




{Sweatshirt: J. Crew | Dress: Ann Taylor (old) | Necklace: Talbots | Tassled Loafers: Zara. Buy them here.}

 



Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. That sweatshirt is really cute! I just bought an A line skirt from J Crew and need to have it hemmed (will get to that eventually).

    Hmm, pizza sounds good...oh, well there goes my Weight Watchers points :-P

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I learned portion control via weight watchers, I now log everything into myfitnesspal.com. It's free! And the database has more foods. I once did the math for 29 points on WW. It was = 1360 calories. So I basically try to stick with 1500-1600 calories each day. :-)
      Niki

      Delete
  2. Cute outfit Niki....if you hadn't posted that you had another shirt on under the sweatshirt I would never had known....at least in the pictures it looks like it's part of the design.

    I loved the Ladie's Night post, although I did have that STUPID song stuck in my head forever! lol

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie. Sorry for the song. One more time for the cheap seats..."Oh yes, it's lady's night and the feelings right.... OH WHAT A NIGHT" (baratone singing voice). You're welcome.
      Niki

      Delete
  3. I love this outfit! Honestly I didn't care for this sweatshirt but I love how you styled it. I have got to get to my store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yeah the sleeves just don't work for me so I knew I either wanted a shirt with a collar under the sweatshirt or the sweatshirt over a dress. I tried it over a hi-low dress but it was missing something. This one just clicked.
      Niki

      Delete
  4. I LOVE that sweatshirt. All gone at JCrew. Will buy it from you when you are tired of it. I love what you paired it with...adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I have 2. I bought a size M off eBay (new) but then found the L. Was going to put it on my blog sale this week. I bought it for $60 but will let it go for $40 plus shipping. Let me know if you are interested.
      Niki

      Delete
  5. I'm pretty busty and usually wear XL from JCrew. I'm going to put an alert on Ebay for the XL. Your ladies night post was hilarious btw--I can relate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries - check out tomorrow's blog as it's BLOG SALE TIME!!! :-)
      Niki

      Delete