Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

I wore this outfit to work on Friday. A bit dressed up for my usual Friday looks (and I don't typically take pictures on Fridays for that reason), but since being sick and looking like death most of last week, I felt compelled to erase any memories in my co-workers' minds of Zombie-girl. Yes, I had one co-worker refer to me as a Zombie. He's no longer living.

Friday was super cold for FL (43 degrees), although sometimes it does get even colder. We've had a bit of a warm streak here lately. I was wearing a sleeveless dress on my birthday last weekend when it was 82 degrees. I'm not complaining, though. Anything is better than 2 degrees, gray skies, and slipping on ice. So I decided to get as much wear out of my long, leopard jacket as I can. It's so weird how some things can hang in my closet for months and I never see the obvious combination. And then it's pretty cool when I do! Stripes and leopard always go together in the same color family. Always. So break out of your comfort zone and go for it. People will compliment you on it. And just remember - red, black, and gold/tan are very complimentary colors. Even better if you have warm skin tone.
I also had a bit of a relapse with my sinus infection on Saturday. And had very weird feelings while on my steroids. I stopped taking the steroids immediately once I read the side effects include 'psychotic manifestations' and 'weight gain.' No thanks. I'll keep on my Amoxicillin and get better with time.



{Coat: Zara | Blouse: Asos | Jeans: Old Navy Rockstar | Shoes: Zara}




Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Love the animal print with the stripes! Hey, if it works for Zebras and Cheetahs in the wild, why not us in the cities?

    "Yes, I had one co-worker refer to me as a Zombie. He's no longer living." Lucky for me, I was alone when I read that!! I can't tell you how many looks I get when I read your blog in public places...especially the airport!! Who wants to get on a plane with the nutcase that keeps laughing to herself?

    Very happy for you that things have gotten better for you at Satan's Armpit.....uh I mean work.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm the nutcase that forgot to title her own blog post today. No blog post tomorrow though, this sinus infection is just running me down. And why are you aways in airports? Don't you have a home? ;-)
      Niki

      Delete
    2. "And why are you aways in airports? Don't you have a home?" Funny, I've asked myself that question, a lot. I travel for my job. Or... maybe, I just love hanging out in airports...uh, no.

      Get better!!
      Julie

      Delete
  2. What a lovely outfit! I so love the beige striped top with the leopard coat and red! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite outfits I've seen on you - even as the page was loading and the picture was slowly unfurling I was oohing. Nicely done!

    And so glad you're feeling better and sounding more like yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! So glad this was a homerun for ya. Wait til you see tomorrow's post. :-) So does my page load slowly in general or just on your computer? Just curious as I haven't received any feedback on loading times before.
      Niki

      Delete
    2. No, it was just the day... I think I had something running in the background or something. My tech guru-spouse is traveling this week so I couldn't get his input on what the problem was. Loaded just fine today. Thanks for asking!

      Delete