Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

First Lady Style

In honor of Michele's to-die-for Thom Browne coat at Tuesday's inauguration, I decided to break out my Neiman Marcus/Target Thom Browne blazer. Not quite the same as the first lady's but it will do. And I couldn't quite decide on tucking in the shirt or leaving it out. It looked a bit weird tucked in with the short jacket. I think this is the kind of blazer that needs a longer shirt underneath. I love the color combinations of this outfit but the shirt just doesn't fit over my baby-making hips (hence the last button being undone). I have that problem with a lot of button-downs, which is why I don't wear them that often. I have narrow, small shoulders, large breasts, an hourglass waist, and apple dumplin' hips.

But this blog is all about finding what works and showcasing the good and the not-so-good. I'm also hoping that I'm on the tail end of this sinus infection and can start working out again. Last night was actually the first time I felt like going to the grocery store in about two weeks. And I'm usually a twice-a-week grocery shopper. The unfortunate thing is that I came home from work tonight to find husband coughing up a lung.  Poor thing. Now he's in for a two-week bout of feeling like crap.


 
{Blazer: Thom Browne for Target/Neiman Marcus | Blouse: Marshall's | Pants: Gap | Shoes: Zara}


Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. I like your style and your shoes are stunning! I always feel that shoes can make such a difference.

    Love from Germany,
    Annette
    Lady of Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you! I appreciate that!
      Niki

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this outfit! I really like the open button, I think it looks purposeful and cool. And those shoes?? <3 them! Since they are from Zara though I have to ask you how they fit??

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi. what size is the jacket?

    ReplyDelete