Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

Early Birthday Pressie

Guess what hubby is getting me for my birthday? Oh yeah, the Alice & Olivia Neiman Marcus/Target bike (orig $500, now $149.99).

Wednesday night when I was putting together yesterday's post, the bike was not available online. It was only by chance today when I came back into my pod at work and one of my cube mates was on the Target website looking for socks, that I told her about the 70% off deal. I was showing her some of the things I bought and she was telling me about some of the blouses she tried on. Next thing I see - THE BIKE! I practically crawled over my desk and hers to get a better look at the price and availability. I told her, "Quick - add it to your cart to see if it's available." Sure enough it was!

So I sent hubby a text asking if it was okay to make such a purchase for my birthday. Normally I don't ask my husband if I want to buy things but seeing as this was a pretty big item that would be coming to the house and it was over $100, I thought I would ask. To my surprise he responded, "No...but I can buy you one." I felt guilty and quickly replied with, "Noooo." He said, "Sorry but those are the rules. Send me the link." I love my man. He's such a sweetheart. He actually thanked me after for making a great suggestion for my birthday gift. After I triple thanked him, I told him that I'm pretty easy to buy for and that Zara is always a good fall back if he's ever at a loss.

So here it is and I can't wait for it to come. I can't wait to ride it along the waterfront in downtown St. Petersburg. If you are ever down there on the weekends and see a fashionable woman riding a colorful bike, it's probably NOT me! Chances are the bike will be more fashionable than me since I tend to only dress up during the workweek.

Go and get this bike online. It ships for free. It got 5 out of 5 stars in reviews. Other not-so-glamorous bikes will set you back at least $100. This one is just too cute to pass up!




Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. That bike is adorable! I'm sure you'll have a blast riding it. Happy early birthday. I'm off to NYC this weekend to celebrate my birthday, which is Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's right, we are about a week apart in birthdays. Do some fun shopping in the city this weekend. I'm having NY withdrawals! But I don't miss the cold weather and darkness. Can't wait to hear about your adventures. Hubby and I are going out to eat at a swanky lounge in downtown St Pete on Thurs, I have Friday off, and then I'm going to have tea and scones with mom and sister on my bday. Have a great bday, Lissy!
      Niki

      Delete
  2. How exciting! I was eying that bike for my mom's birthday (though she really wants coaster brakes) and think I may just get it since the price is so nice. Enjoy, it's adorable, and happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allie! Hopefully the bike will be here in time for my bday. :-)

      Delete