Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Blue and White

I adore this J. Crew skirt. There are some items that J. Crew creates that are just spot on. I liked this skirt so much that I bought the strapless dress as well (on sale of course). And it's been hanging in my closet for months just begging me to wear it. And of course like a lot of my outfits, the obvious was just hanging in front of my eyes all this time. Never though to pair this sleeveless tee with the skirt.

When I got to work my boss said, "Oh I'm looking at your outfit. You always look so put together." Well that was a nice compliment. As I sit here writing this blog post, I'm watching SATC re-runs and realize just how incredible Carrie's outfits were. At the time, I was in a very different time in my life. Sex and the City was my escape. I dressed quite boring and mixing and matching prints, stripes, spots, etc. were just weird combos that I never would have attempted. And had I not lost weight almost two years ago and became interested in fashion again, spending my evenings studying top fashion bloggers, I still would have dressed just like most every other woman does at work and in general. And I said to my husband the other night, "Can you believe I've been blogging for more than a year?" For someone that doesn't stick to things for too long, this is one thing that I'm still passionate about (hubby is on that list, too).


{Skirt: J. Crew | Tank: J. Crew | Blazer: The Limited | Shoes: Nine West Andriana}


Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, great mix of patterns. Ah, I'm not quite there yet, still pairing a sold top with .. well, everything. I'll get there ;-)

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Start small with 2 colors, say black and white. Put a striped b&w top with solid pants. Find a blazer that is b&w but with a pattern other than stripes. Or just add a leopard scarf or some other small item to the outfit.
      Niki

      Delete
  2. Super chic! The printed skirt is amazing. Great fabric as well and a lovely mix with the bright blue blazer. Your pink heels just add the final touch.
    Annette
    Lady of Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny you mention the pink shoes. I had a guy at work tell me my shoes don't match. I told him it was intentional. He said, "you should have worn blue shoes." And i said, "well then I'll be too matchy matchy."
      Niki

      Delete
  3. Love this one!! I loved that print too but didn't buy it...I work from home and couldn't justify it. So jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't get this print out of my head. And when I leave a store and think about it for a few days, I know it's meant to be. But I totally get not buying it because you don't work in an office setting. To be honest, I don't think I could work from home like my husband does. I need to be around people. Just wish there weren't so many douchy ones at work.
      Niki

      Delete
  4. This outfit is pretty freakin' awesome!

    ReplyDelete