Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Birthday Tea and Bike

I had a wonderful birthday today! I feel so loved by my family and friends. I share a birthday with my friend from high school and we hadn't see each other since my wedding in 2010, which we didn't get to share much time together. And before Facebook, I lost touch with her after high school.

I invited Wendy, her mom, and sister to join my family at a tea room in Brandon, FL. They have the best scones, although we all agreed they weren't so great today with little caramel pieces in them. Usually they are white chocolate and shaved fruit. Today, apple and caramel. But between the chicken salad croissant sandwiches, scones, and chicken and wild rice soup, we were stuffed when our limo driver, Aaron, came to get us.

Wendy's mom went all out for our birthdays and got us a limo for the ride to and from Brandon (about an hour away). We drank some wine over and back, although I haven't been feeling well. Have a bit of a head cold, which derailed our Thursday evening plans for a nice dinner at a swanky downtown St. Pete restaurant. We'll try again tomorrow, along with a movie.

When I came home, husband had my bike all put together, laundry done, porch blinds hung, and my birthday cake made. I married a truly wonderful man. I'm so incredibly lucky.

Hope your day was as wonderful as mine. And how about this perfect pairing of my dress to my bike on my 29th birthday? Oh, and did I mention it was 82 degrees today in Florida and 45 in Connecticut?

 
{Dress: Zara | Necklace: eBay | Shoes: J Crew | Bike: Alice & Olivia for Target}

Pin It!

18 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! You look pretty and happy! Love your dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! Love the dress and the matching floral bike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bike is adorable and you look so cute on it with your lovely print dress :-)

    It's been in the upper 50's in San Diego and the desert .. man, it's just plain cold!

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Monica. It's suposed to get cooler toward the end of the week here. 82 is hot for this time of year.
      Niki

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday, Niki!!!

    It sounds like you had a wonderful day. The bike is cute, the dress even cuter.
    Hubby did the laundry AND baked a cake??? Does he want to visit the Pacific Northwest? lol

    While you were enjoying 82 degree weather, I was enjoying (maybe not quite the right word...suffering, maybe?) 28 degree weather most of the day....well, it did creep up to 32 at some point.

    Big hugs for you birthday girl~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eww. Cold weather. It's supposed to get colder her on Friday. No posts for the next few days. Flu and fashion don't mix. Hope to test out my bike when I feel better. Thanks for the hugs and bday wishes.
      Niki

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday!!!
    first, you look stunning with that floral dress matching the bicycle. the bike is adoreable. i love cycling so much in fact, I wrote a series of posts where I tried to dress up smartly while cycling, see it here: http://longuette.blogspot.it/search/label/bicycle%20style%20challenge

    ciao
    Love, Ylenia from Longuette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! Sound like you had a great time, and the pics are lovely to prove it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! Mine is today and I'm one year older than you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! I love your outfit and your bike. Everything was so dainty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was very girlie.
      Niki

      Delete
  9. Tea + great dress + floral bike = a million different kinds of awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fellow Floridian here - happy belated birthday! :) Your dress is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete