Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Birthday Bike Arrived

Sorry for the lack of pictures. "I'm in the midst of a trauma. Leave a message, I'll call you back. Leave it by the bed." Along with some cough syrup and cough drops. Yeah, I went all old school Jane's Addition on you.  I'm actually a bit under the weather. However, my day brightened up when my husband told me my new birthday bike arrived.  He said I couldn't miss the box when I opened the door to the living room. Boy was he right! The thing arrived in a heavy, huge box. Hubby had to use the dolly just to get it in the door as UPS dropped it off, knocked loudly, and then ran.  He obviously didn't want to get stuck helping hubby lug it indoors.

I will warn you if you ordered this online and will put it together - you will need some special tools (Allen wrenches, tire levers, tire pump, etc.). So while hubby got some of it assembled, we need to get the right tools to finish the job.

And are you ready for this? I have a Zara dress I ordered last spring that looks almost exactly like the flowers on the bike. Oh my I am so excited to take photos of me in the dress standing by the bike in the FL sunshine. I'm even more excited to ride it and put Miss Woozie in the basket and watch her freak out observe her surroundings.

I'm also petrified that my beautiful bike will become the object of someone else's obsession and will therefore be marching down to the local bike shop for the best bike lock I can buy.  I just can't risk this beautiful work of art taking a ride under someone else's butt.

Ignore my messy living room and the iPhone-quality pics.



Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. That is one pretty bike!

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually nicknamed her "Pretty."

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Me too! Can't wait until we get the tools to finish it so I can actually ride it.

      Delete