Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Stylemint Round 2

This tank top is the second purchase from Stylemint. Although a little big right now, I know as soon as I throw it in the washer and dryer, it will be perfect. It's a size 4 (they go up to size 5). It's the same color, thickness, and material as my Stylemint Broadway dress. The cut is a little funky as it's rounded on the bottom. I had to tuck it in from looking prego. Not that I would mind being prego but at this stage of life with only a 3% chance (on a good day) of conceiving, I think that ship has sailed. That's okay. I got several cute nephews and niece. My husband and I often joke that we would have one cute, smart, and funny kid. My husband is very intelligent (a very sexy quality to me) and we both have blue eyes. A weird little tidbit - when we put our arms next to each other, we have the exact same skin tone. We often joke we are 'twinsies' as we finish each other's sentences ("Get out of my head, David Blaine") and other strange oddities.

I was just reading my January Lucky magazine last night. There's a section on mixing patterns. The one I do most often is stripes and florals. But I gotta tell ya, after wearing tone-on-tone in the last few blog posts, this combo felt a little weird. I guess it's because tone-on-tone or matchy-matchy is comfortable and socially acceptable. But then again wearing all black is comfortable as well. And I used to have a closet filled with mostly black clothes until I started incorporating color. Black is slimming, neutral, comfortable, and safe. Where am I going with this? Oh heck, I don't know. I'm just rambling today.



 
{Pants: Talbots | Blazer: Ann Taylor (very old) | Tank: Stylemint. On sale here. | Shoes: Nine West Andriana}

Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Love the pattern mixing that you are working in this outfit....polished and put together, but still bold and fun.

    I love to check your blog for the cute outfits and funny commentary....just have to remember not to do it while sitting in the airport (something I do too much of lately)...people tend to give you funny looks when you keep bursting out with laughter(the office party had me doing so several times)

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie! I'm so glad I can add a little comic relief to your day. I've got a pretty wry sense of humor that cracks my family up and those that know me but doesn't always bode well when people first meet me as I'm also extremely honest in my views. I get a lot of 'You ain't right' or 'OMG, Niki, I can't believe you just said that.' So my blog is my way to let loose cause the only rejection I'll get for being raunchy is someone will unsubscribe. :-)
      Niki

      Delete
  2. Great job pattern mixing, I love this combo and may have to replicate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I recall correctly, I think you have done something similar. It's been a few months since I saw your post on these pants, but I think it was a French theme. So in retropsect, I may have copied YOUR look. LOL! When I got this tank last week, the pants were the first thing to come to mind to pair it with.
      Niki

      Delete
  3. I love this look because I am too chicken to mix patterns. I'd go straight for a white top. In fact, you wouldn't believe how many white tops are in my closet .. lol.

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you believe I own 3 white shirts? One Gap short sleeve, which is a basic tee, one long sleeve, which I haven't worn yet and just got from The Limited, and a J. Crew white one that has a lacy front. White just doesn't interest me very much. I've never been very fond of white clothes. Break out of the white and try a little patter mixing. It's addictive and it starts conversations (positive ones)!

      Delete