Pages

Monday, December 24, 2012

Necklace Organization

Space is at a premium in our 900 sq ft apartment, so I have to get a little creative with organization. Luckily, we both have our own bathrooms and walk in closets. Whew! Husband decorated his office (he works from home) with all his man stuff - guitars line the walls. And our bedroom is well, kind of neutral. Hubby gave the go ahead to girl it up!

So my first order was to hang my necklaces as art. They were hanging on three over-the-door hooks, all clumped together and hard to fish through. So looking through Pinterest last month, I saw some ideas that were similar to mine. Ikea makes some great and inexpensive racks (under $5) and hooks ($3 for 10). So for under $20, I can now get to every necklace with ease.

My second plan of attack is a little art project. I'm going to order some vintage fashion magazines from eBay and then frame a few pages from each. You all know how much I like my pin-up girl winged eyeliner and red lips, so I'll be looking for magazines from the 30s-50s.

 
 
 
Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. Great idea; I love the racks and hooks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is the blue faux collar necklace from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean the mint/teal one? That's from H&M.
      Niki

      Delete
  3. I just ordered the rack from IKEA and they were $2.99 each! I plan to get shower hooks from the dollar store!! I can't wait to see how this turns out!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! Did you see this post? http://www.fashionatforty.blogspot.com/2013/12/sweat-equity.html
      That's the bars in the new house. Would love to see how yours turn out.
      Niki

      Delete
  4. Iv been trying to find these for a while, any idea what IKEA calls them or how to find them? Please help!!!
    Jac

    ReplyDelete