Pages

Friday, December 7, 2012

Like Butter

Happy holy it's hot out Friday! So you like the monotone look I had on in the last post, huh? Want to see more of it? Okay, how about some butter? Everyone likes loooovees butter. And in my Inspirations Academy award speech in the last post, I forgot to thank my lovely readers for being sources of inspiration. I wouldn't have come up with today's look had I not received comments about creating monotone looks. So here you go. Spread it on some toast, people. Make a movie about it. Deep fry it and serve it at state fairs. Oh, that reminds me. The Strawberry Festival in Plant City is coming up in March. I like me a good 'ol county fair. It's the only time I get to eat elephant ears and deep fried artery clogging food. And the people watching is better than anything you'll see on TLC. Lots of Honey Boo Boos.

Gotta love seeing large women squished into inappropriate clothing that is two sizes too small. Hubby has never been to the Strawberry Festival and when a commercial on TV came on recently, let's just say that he didn't have the same look of excitement in his eyes that were in mine. "It's all country music and strawberries. What else is there?" "Uh, food. Strawberry shortcakes, rides, games." But I just go there for the food and people watching. It's the best kind of real-life trashy.

So I'm wearing the collar that my sister tried to wrangle out of my hands before we got to the register. I'm so glad she didn't overtake me and pummel me in the store. Cause it looks freggin' darn cute with this top.


{Top: Ann Taylor | Pants: Old Navy cords | Collar: Charming Charlie | Shoes: Vera Wang for Kohl's | Sunnies: Mosley Tribes Raynes | Lipstick: MAC Listering}
 

Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the butter look. The pearl collar is to die for...very jelly.

    Strawberries? Oversized people in small clothes? and country music? Well, dang.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, too! One of my favorite looks, actually.
      Gotta love county fairs, right?
      Niki

      Delete
  2. I love, love the Simply Vera line at Kohls .. but the shoe section at my Kohls is always a disaster, so I never look.

    Very pretty look and the collar just adds elegance.

    Monica
    http://www.pear-shaped-gal.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear about the pour shoe selection. Is it any better online? I used to be pretty close to Kohl's both at home and at work but now it's a bit of a haul so I just order online.

      Yeah, I love this collar. And I love that it sits better on my neck than the other ones I own.
      Niki

      Delete
  3. This outfit is so pretty. I love the pairing of the two yellows....so sunshiny and pretty.
    The pearl collar is really pretty too....think I'm going to have to make a trip to Charming Charlie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've been to Charming Charlie countless times and this is the first purchase. Most of their stuff is overpriced for the quality so I usually walk out empty handed. But this collar was a good find. :-)
      Niki

      Delete
  4. Love this top!! Your blog is great!! I had to check it out after we met Saturday at DFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It was nice meeting you, too. I need to forward my site to Kelly. It's on my to-do list after I get thru holiday parties from yesterday and tonight. :-) Can you email me your email address? I wanted to talk to you about HSN.
      Niki

      Delete