Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Conductor Revisited

Hello old friend, so glad to wear you again. Remember this jacket, which I dubbed "The Conductor"? It was 56 degrees this morning (that's cold for FL) so I happily threw together an outfit around this jacket as it's my favorite. I love everything about it except for the little bit of wool itching my arms right now. When I first saw it, I knew I had to have it. Luckily I bought it while still living in CT and was able to find it at the Zara on 42nd St in NY. And the newest Zara addition? My shoes! You saw the red ones with my Holiday dress last week. The black ones came a couple of days ago and they do not disappoint.

I do miss my shopping adventures in the city. And although I have two great malls just a seven mile bridge ride into Tampa with all the stores I craved in CT, there's something special about hopping on the train in CT and being dumped off at Grand Central an hour and a half later. The sounds and smells (some not so good), the traffic and horns, the tall buildings and endless walking (usually on a rainy Saturday), and the shopping. Oh my goodness the shopping is fantastic in NYC. And hopefully, I'll be able to do that again next year.

Unfortunately, shopping is having to take a back seat. Since our house still hasn't sold and probably won't this winter, I've decided to pursue additional employment. I took a bit of a pay cut moving back to FL and I'm feeling the effects of that as well as the double bills between the two states.



{Pants: Target (recent) | Shoes: Zara (recent) | Blazer: Zara | Tee: Gap | Necklace: Thrifted}

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Love those shoes!! I liked them in red.....but the black are to die for....okay, maybe not die....but at least a nasty bruise. lol

    Crossing my fingers for you with regards to the side job becoming a main course.

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you my long lost sister, Julie? Your comments crack me up! I love conversing with witty and sharp people. Run out and get these shoes! Well, maybe saunter to avoid bumping into things.
      Niki

      Delete
  2. Separated at birth, possibly....left on doorsteps to be raised on different coasts? Oooh....it screams Lifetime movie....maybe Lindsey Lohan can play both parts? lol

    Gotta be saunter...maybe have to thrown in a crawl, since in Seattle we don't have Zara,yet.

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Zara?! In Seattle? I can understand in Spokane, but Seattle? C'mon! I love Seattle, except for the whole rain thing.

      Lindsey could play us, if she lives long enough. ;-)

      Delete
  3. "Lindsey could play us, if she lives long enough. ;-)"....and dang, if that isn't looking iffy.

    Yup, no Zara in Seattle....and the whole rain thing? It's not as bad as you think....it's way worse!! I think I might be growing mold...whew, nope just a piece of spinach....gotta go floss lol

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete