Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Berry

I love the jeweled collar of this tank from Zara. In fact, I was trying on a blazer at H&M over the weekend that had this exact embellishment on the shoulders. But it was too tight on the arms, which I don't understand. The blazer I have on now is a size 8 and the arms are perfect. I can bend my elbows and sit comfortably at work without feeling like I'm losing bloodflow to my wrists. Cheapy trendy stores really need to get the sizing right. If you make a size 10 or 12 blazer, don't just focus on the front and back fit. I'm proportional. I don't have tiny Barbie arms with my big chest. I've got the arms of a women who likes pasta and the occasional gooey glazed donut, cookie, ice cream, etc.

I'm currently loving this tone-on-tone trend. It's a very comfortable and easy look to create. If you need help creating a look like this, go out and buy a $5 color wheel from the craft store or look at any program on your computer where you can enter RGB values. Play with gradient colors. It will open a whole new world in your closet. I actually had another blazer that would have worked as well and would be fine for a spring or summer look. But I love this little thrifted blazer and don't feel like it gets enough wear.



{Jacket: Thrifted | Tank: Zara (recent) | Pants: Gap | Shoes: Nine West | Sunnies: Ray Bans | Lipstick: MAC Rebel}

Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Very cute outfit! It looks great on you, I wish I could wear that color palette and have it look that good. I really think the monochromatic look works for you, very slimming and timeless elegance as well.
    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, Julie, I think you're right. Instead of trying crazy combos, I need to stick to tone on tone.
      Niki

      Delete
  2. "Instead of trying crazy combos, I need to stick to tone on tone."

    NO!!!

    I love your combos! I think that's what makes this blog fun. Your combos are an expression of a fun, intelligent person. I love that you explain how you came about your choices, the little back stories if you will. Please, don't take this the wrong way....I really think that the tone on tone look is very flattering on you...but the "crazy combos" are you. If you start only blogging the next great tone on tone look, you'll turn into the other Florida blogger that I used to follow...."and here I am in another pair of skinny jeans only this time....wait for it....I switched the boots for a pair of pumps"....gasps, applause, cheers from the adoring crowds....not. I come to your blog to inspire me to take chances and not stick to what I know works. Keep doing your own thing...it works.
    ~Julie
    (p.s. I have put away my box,and my rant is over)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie,
      I could not have stated that any better! Excellent points. But you are making me think about Floridian women and their clothing choices. I've been feeling a bit out of place these past few months since moving back. Everyone at work is so matchy matchy and drab. Our Holiday party last Monday was a sea of black and sequins. Yawn. I loved that my white jason wu dress stood out. I loved that i chose red spiked shoes. And i love when I look in my closet I see all kinds of goodies. Thank you for the encouragement. I've been standing out at work not just in my wardrobe choice but also other ways so tone on tone was an attempt to conform. But you are so right. I'm not a drab person and nor should I dress like this every day. :-)
      Niki

      Delete
    2. Good to hear!! I was afraid that you might have been persuaded to take a sip of the Kool Aid.

      Delete
    3. Rofl!!! I told my sister I would burst into flames at my mom's holiday church concert. That didn't happen but I did itch a lot. I'm too rebellious to be a part of any cult, unless they were coaxing me to drink red wine. Now that's a group I will stand with! With a side of pasta, please. ;-)
      Niki

      Delete
  3. Great look! I love the different tones.... that blazer is fab color!

    XO
    Pearls & Paws

    ReplyDelete