Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Theme Week - Tartan Look 3

You can't have a tartan theme week without a Scottie or two. Only thing missing from this sweater is elbow patches. That would have been the perfect accompaniment. I do have issues with wool and both this skirt and sweater contain some wool. So I found myself a little itchy at work. Mind over matter, Niki, it's a cute combo. Suffer for fashion.

When I think of tartan, I typically think of the red/black checkered pattern. But I love the classy preppiness of blue and green tartan. In fact I prefer it over the red. But I think that's because my skin tone looks better with jewel tones. The skirt has only the slightest bit of stretch but was very wearable. And the sweater - well, what can you say about it other than ADORABLE!

And no more booties for these legs. Pointy toe heels slim a plumper leg. But I have a special outfit in mind to try those cute Zara boots with. Next week...

Tomorrow's post will be a special one and a little diversion from theme week. However, I'll show one last tartan outfit in Friday's post.


{Sweater and Skirt: J. Crew | Necklace: eBay | Shoes: Nine West | Purse: Gucci (old) | Lipstick: Hourglass Fever}

Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. I love the scotty dog sweater. I'm a little bit jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute, cute! Good mix!- Sorry you were itchy, but you look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really like this outfit.

      Delete
  3. CUTE! Love the sweater (dog lover here!). I have the same issue with wool - itchy. So I usually wear a t-shirt under wool sweaters. The shoes go well too .. shows a smooth line from shoe to leg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica. I considered a cami but was running late so I toughed it out.
      Niki

      Delete
  4. I am SO lusting over that sweater. I'm waiting for the perfect combination of coupons and sales so I can pick it up. Very cute combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurry up. Don't let that doggie get away! :-)

      Delete
  5. Love, love, love this look! Kudos to you for being able to work through the wool itch of death (my pet name for that lovely wool itch feeling), you rock. Looking forward to the rest of Tartan Week (insert echo effect).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! This was definitely a great combo. Lots of positive response.
      Niki

      Delete
  6. Love this- a home run for me. I would expect to see this sweater paired with a red or black skirt, or red/black plaid. I love your combo- works perfectly. Necklace and shoes are great, too. Very classy. -Kristen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could definitely go that route in the future with it. It would go really well with the orange-red laser cut skirt I got from Asos last year when I first started blogging. :-)
      Niki

      Delete